Author Topic: Game crashes  (Read 6095 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Game crashes
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »
Joria, I have had crashes a couple of times too. First time I was trying to sell fruit from my inventory and the second I heard the background music (whilst travelling) all the time - so thought maybe travelling would fix it, it then crashed.

With the Sims 3 my computer crashed every time I was in buy/build mode whilst logged onto the internet and completely stopped crashing once I logged off. That was after I installed Isla Paradiso it kept crashing.

If you are logged on to the net, maybe trying logging off and see if it continues? As it has only happened a couple of times to me I haven't checked yet if it makes a difference.

Plus I'd suggest deleting a few save files, think mine has got pretty full....

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »
My game seldom crashed in Sims3 but I had hard copy of all the packs so wasn't online.  However, it did crash occasionally.  So I've been trying to see what's causing it now and I have found:

1.  If I'm selling from inventory I can only do this a couple of times before it crashes.  So I sell about 3 items, save, sell, save so I don't lose as much if and when it crashes.

2.  If I'm moving things from inventory to the fridge, (or elsewhere but most commonly the fridge), it will crash after moving a few.  Same as above, move, save, move, save. 

3.  When in build/buy mode if I do things too quickly or try to move things serially it will crash.

4.  When in map view if I shift from one neighborhood to another too many times or too quickly it will crash.

5.  Traveling often causes crashes.

6.  Using testingcheats on is a guaranteed crash after a few minutes of play, but if I do testingcheats on, do my action, (fill needs usually), and then type testingcheats off it's ok.  So cheating is a big no no in my game.

Just queuing up a lot of actions with my Sims seems to be ok.  I can fill all three family members lists with actions, unpause, and let them do it without a crash.   It's been pretty trying, trying to figure out what not to do to avoid repeated crashes.  I can now play for around an hour straight without a crash but I'm definitely being much more careful and always am "saving as".
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »
That must be so frustrating for you. I'll admit I threw a teeny bit of a tantrum the 1st time it crashed on me.

Come to think of it, my sims inventory is super packed from gardening. I wouldn't mind guessing my crash had something to do with that. I've let it slide clearing it out recently...

I definitely always save as as opposed to just saving. I just need to remember to delete earlier files as no doubt that's not helping as I must have at least 15 save files. Hmm and think I may have written over one game with my new. I'll just save as a new file every time I think and try to remember to clear earlier files.

I hope you find something that helps  :(

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »
Have you tried put away to have your sim do it? I haven't had crashes but always travel using the phone maybe try that if you usually travel that way try pressing m instead. Just thinking of alternates that may be buggy for you.

Dellena

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 04:48:41 PM »
Joria, are you online in Origin when you play?  If so, trying going offline with Origin and play The Sims 4 offline.  See if it's still crashing a lot.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
No, I'm playing offline now but going offline definitely helped minimize the crashing.  It seems like it's just a bunch of little things with testing cheats and being online being the two most likely offenders.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything