Author Topic: Actual Soul Mates?  (Read 11592 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Actual Soul Mates?
« on: September 15, 2014, 06:56:16 PM »
So I've played quite a few families at this point and have noticed that relationships/friendships are actually difficult to get and keep which I've enjoyed. Today I swapped to a new house as I got my family where I was happy with them. I created a woman who is Clumsy, Noncommittal, Romantic, Alluring. I've played sims with all of those traits before and still have same challenges most do. I however ran into my ex households husband and within 1 sim day our friendship and relationship bars were maxed with little effort. My noncommital was popping up the options to ask to be boyfriend and then almost immediately got the option to ask to propose.

My reason for sharing this is I found it odd that she met that one guy and seriously all rules went out the window like the typical "soulmate" would. So I am left wondering do you think they actually coded the random chance for a soul mate for each sim in Sims 4? If so this is awesome cause I'll know when I found the one for my Sim I really hope this isn't a fluke.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: Actual Soul Mates?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 12:20:06 AM »
Soulmates is just another relationship level. It's not unique to any set of particular traits or Sims. As long as your friendship bar and love bar are high enough, you will be Soulmates with another Sim. Those are the only requirements.

I actually have a household of 3 Sims who are all romantically involved with each other. A & B are Soulmates, and A & C are soulmates. B & C aren't soulmates yet because their friendship bar isn't high enough.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 12:36:49 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. I was referring more to the ease of getting to that stage compared to all my other attempts. So like everyone can get there but if there is a compatability tree does it ultimately make them more designed to be soul mates as it happens with little to no effort.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 12:42:52 AM »
I haven't found that to be the case. I think it depends more on the emotions a Sim experiences while conversing with another Sim than anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 12:46:15 AM »
Yeah I could see that they were pretty constantly jumping emotions with each other neither on a different one. I am surprised I hadn't thought of that myself as I have been playing with emotions to see if they'll effect pregnancy. FYI you know how hard it is to keep a sim playful for a long period of time? Lol

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 01:01:52 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. I was referring more to the ease of getting to that stage compared to all my other attempts. So like everyone can get there but if there is a compatability tree does it ultimately make them more designed to be soul mates as it happens with little to no effort.

I know what you mean, it's like it's easier to befriend some sims over others. I'm sure it's a personality thing as well as what mood each sim is in. One of the short trailers that EA released just before TS4 came out was about compatible sims have better woohoo, so that makes me wonder if there is a personality based factor in friendships/relationships.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything