Author Topic: Needs cheat bug?  (Read 6456 times)

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
Needs cheat bug?
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:47:27 PM »
I'm using the testing cheats and used "disable need decay" so all needs would stay filled, however, the hygiene need still depletes, nothing else, just hygiene. Is this a known bug or an I doing something wrong?  Thank you in advance for your help!

Offline blvckxking

• Nooboo
Re: Needs cheat bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:33:35 PM »
The cheat doesn't last forever for me. I usually end up putting it in every so often and having to shift click the mailbox again often. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a bug..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »
It seems to last until you leave the lot you're currently on. In other words anytime you go between loading screens, you'll need to reapply it. For those that are playing with more than one Sim in a household, you can choose to either use the cheat for the whole household by shift clicking the mailbox, or individually as you see fit by shift clicking on the Sim(s) you wish to use it on.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:37:52 PM »
Yes, it must be re-enabled every time you travel or leave the lot in any way. So far, I've only noticed the hygiene depleting when I'm building the rocket ship...nothing else depletes. If I'm reading a book, then everything stays at 100% even hygiene! 

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 02:35:18 AM »
Well, I'm glad it's not just me! And it's not just hygenie. I was merrily reading away in the library, and suddenly my Sim was starving. WTH? Yeah, you have to re-set the cheats quite often. I think there may even be a timer, and not after every travel.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 03:12:26 AM »
There's not a timer, I've fished for days on end and never had anything drop.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 06:16:26 AM »
Pretty much, if you leave your home lot you need to re-do the cheat, if you are at home and do the disable needs decay thing but work on the fitness skill, nothing but your hygiene will deplete.. just do the fill needs (household) option instead of the shower or just hit the fill needs option when your hygiene bar goes down say a 1/4 of the way and your sim will stay doing the activity until they tire.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.