Author Topic: Turning Off Notifications in Origin  (Read 5566 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Turning Off Notifications in Origin
« on: September 18, 2014, 05:40:10 PM »
So yesterday I finally got my own copy of Sims 4 (yipee) well as I'm playing I keep getting notifications by everything maxis favorites and such. I want to be notified if my friends or people I follow do but the maxis spam is getting annoying. Anyway to block just their notifications? I can't seem to find it if their is!

Possible Solution:

From the Origin program. Up in the upper left of the screen. Click Origin > Application Settings > Notifications. Then un-check whatever options you like.

** Please Note: This may block any friends or people you follow as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

Re: Turning Off Notifications in Origin
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 05:55:24 PM »
I play offline and don't get all that spam.  At least until they make it blockable.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 06:13:41 PM »
If I searched this out correctly, and if I understand the question correctly as well, this is what I found.

From the Origin program. Up in the upper left of the screen. Click Origin > Application Settings > Notifications. Then un-check whatever options you like.

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:06 PM »
If I searched this out correctly, and if I understand the question correctly as well, this is what I found.

MrsFlynn

Yes thank you that's what I found too. Unfortunately that blocks any friends or people I follow too  :-\. I posted on the actual forums suggesting that either that allow us to unfollow maxis or turn off their notifications since they aren't picky about what they post and just favorite all.  Here is the link if your interested. (If I can't link to that please let me know I'll remove it immediately!)