Author Topic: Inactive Households: Careers and Bill Paying  (Read 2946 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Inactive Households: Careers and Bill Paying
« on: May 25, 2016, 09:21:37 PM »
I'm playing a challenge where I am allowed to move out household members.
They keep their jobs or join a job (if they'd been unemployed) then move out to homes I purchase for them using "freerealestate on."

These move-outs no longer matter to the challenge once they move out so their fate doesn't matter strategically; it's more of a sentimental thing to give them "happy endings.
If a sim's wage isn't enough to pay the bills of her current residence, what happens?
I'm not playing rotationally and would never play these homes but I'm concerned that my elderly sim, for example, can afford to live alone in a retirement home designed for eight sims.

Am I just being silly? Does the game ignore the income/bill-paying aspect of gameplay for inactive households?

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
Re: Inactive Households: Careers and Bill Paying
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 10:31:57 PM »
I believe so. I think, for any Sim you don't play, the value of the household stays the same, no matter what. It is frozen, and they neither earn, nor lose income.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:56:45 PM »
I've seen Sims come in with more and less than their 20k so I would say that  some things count for/against them but not everything.  I definitely don't think they pay bills though
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:17:52 PM »
I've seen Sims come in with more and less than their 20k so I would say that  some things count for/against them but not everything.  I definitely don't think they pay bills though

Just to clarify, I'm playing an Apocalypse Challenge and have started moving elders and other no-longer-necessary household members out to their own homes.
This is never done in an Immortal Dynasty, so I don't know how it works and, frankly, had never thought about it before.
I just don't want my elderly sims getting evicted or culled, because they can't afford their homes.

Great to know they don't pay bills!