Author Topic: Will this laptop run the sims 4 successfully?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline RioKeogh

• Nooboo
Will this laptop run the sims 4 successfully?
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:59:43 AM »
Hi everyone!
I'm wanting to purchase a new laptop before I start playing the long awaited for Sims 4 (I knowww, desktop PC's are better suited... but i've always been one of those weird laptop people  ;) )

I have one in my sight that I feel will do a good job, but i'm not the most tech savvy person out there. I'm not particually worried if it doesn't play the sims with crystal clear awesomeness, but i'd like to to run relatively smoothly.

Anywhooo, here are the specs. I don't want any brand or the fact it's a laptop-biased opinions, just opinions purely based on the specs and how well they will handle the game. Please and thankyou!

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64
Processor family: Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4510U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 (2 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
Memory, standard: 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
Display: 15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2 GB GDDR3 dedicated)
Weight: Starting at 2.49 kg

Info from: http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/buyonline/Hewlett_Packard_Envy_15-k001TX_15.6%22_Core_i7_Notebook_J2C37PA

If anyone has better suggestions for me, please keep in mind i'm tight on cash and the $1000 mark is pretty much my limit. :)

Cheers!
Rio x

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: Will this laptop run the sims 4 successfully?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 03:35:13 AM »
Should be fine :)

You'll be looking at either High (which is the maximum, despite what people say about "ultra"... most settings do not have Ultra in their drop down for Sims 4), maybe with a little medium splashed in.

Turn lighting and shadows down to medium, turn edge smoothing off, slap everything else on high and you should be good to go. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RioKeogh

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 03:58:39 AM »
Fantastic! Thankyou so much :)
It'd be annoying for me to fork out so much money just for the laptop to then be like "haha suck it, no sims for you!"

:)

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:24:27 AM »
My laptop has specs that are quite a bit lower than that (yay for 3-4 year old laptop) and I can run the Sims 4 on ultra without an issue, with uncompressed textures, etc.

You should definitely be able to run the game on high without a problem.
Hi!