Author Topic: Good friendly interaction  (Read 5646 times)

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
Good friendly interaction
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:43:52 PM »
I noticed that my bookworm sim made friends faster by using bookworm friendly interaction called discussing latest books. It fills the friendship bar about 10%, while other things like gossiping only fill 2-3% with level 2 charisma skill. Has anyone noticed other good friend making method?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Good friendly interaction
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:18:25 AM »
I tend to use a lot of comedy interactions, they both build relationship and makes the sims have fun. Also, use the get to know friendly interaction, it will let you know the traits of the sim you're speaking to and from that you get specific interactions that will be more favorably received. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:20:54 AM »
Does funny interaction build charisma skill? Well I don't notice that getting to know traits of a sim will unlock better interactions

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:49:30 AM »
If you know any of the other sim's traits, talking about stuff related to them will build it faster. For instance, if your sim is a geek, they enjoy discussing video games. (But make sure you know they're a geek, otherwise it becomes awkward and embarrassing.)

Deep conversation seems to build relationships quickly, too.  If the sim is happy, the "heartfelt compliment" thrown in every few interactions also gives a nice boost.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »
So it requires another sim to have same trait as ours right? And does the sim get bored if we repeat the interaction too often?

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 03:36:58 AM »
I would assume so, as this was the case in previous sims games, as was the increased relationship boost for trait related conversations. I didn't notice an additional gain myself, but did use them based on the assumption that it would be similar to Sims 3. Also I think emotion based interactions have increased gains, too. My best example was that I saw a HUGE boost to romantic and friendly relationship bars for using a bold pickup line while confident. I think the interactions that have glasses on them have increased Charisma skill gain.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 03:42:24 AM »
Good info, thought I'd also throw in for anyone if your have any of the popularity aspirations you also get the Gregarious trait which naturally has your friendships grow faster.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 08:26:49 AM »
I think the interactions that have glasses on them have increased Charisma skill gain.

I can confirm that Annika - at least it says that in the Prima guide anyway.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »
My gamer sim often make boring conversation by discussing game strategies or other gaming topics. I wonder if talking about it to another gamer sim will work

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 12:57:05 AM »
If you want to make a fast friend, go to the gym and look for someone who can mentor you while you work out.  Once the work out is done, introduce yourself and you should be friends. 

anything