Author Topic: Writing  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
Writing
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »
Hi.

I am having problems. I can't see what the value of my sims books are. The notification window only shows the first few (max possible is 19 if your books have short names). There doesn't seem to be a way to resize or scroll the notification window (yes you can scroll all the notifications, but not a specific one, or I haven't found a way.)

If you hover over a book in your inventory the tooltip doesn't indicate the value.

There doesn't seem to be the functionality to click on a particular skill  in the skills menu and see a breakdown of your progress like there was in sims 3. Is there? Have I not found it? The stats under simology certainly don't include it.

So I am left with a max writing sim, with an unknown number of books written (I am guessing +100) for an unknown value amount, unknown bestsellers, unknown if I should send this particular book for literary digest (once a week), unknown the difference or value between self-publish and send to publisher.

What am I missing. Is there a menu somewhere that I haven't found?

The career isn't broken. I am making a metric ........... of cash from it. (atm 6k + change and climbing every day at 10am) but where is the reporting? Please tell me that one of you have found it.

ty in advance.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: Writing
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:28:05 PM »
Sadly, I don't think there is a tracking metric for skills like we had in TS3. I've looked for it as well and haven't found it. I hope it's something they patch in at a later date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 10:46:31 PM »
 sigh. ty jillz

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 05:43:38 AM »
I just wanted to add, I have finally gotten writers block.  (req for Bestselling Author aspiration)

After maxing writing, sitting at the desk from morning to night .... everything I could think of I was starting to give up and think about cheat options. As a last ditch attempt I made a 3x3 room. Put in the worst desk and worst chair I could find. No paint on the walls, no covering on the floor, her nice computer (so it wouldn't break) and that is it. Maxed all her needs, and sent her in to practice writing and removed the door.

Writers block or die in there girl !

13 hours later .......  win.

I am not sure if there is an easier way to get this, but if you are desperate and have a spare day in your sims life, I think this is a guarantee. Mb someone else can give it a go to confirm. It might be easier if your sim hasn't already maxed writing. I am not sure.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 06:48:07 AM »
I have read many posts about people struggling with writer's block. 13-15 hours of writing seems to be the magic number. It could be that time is the answer.

Offline Alexandra88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 08:37:01 PM »
I don't think it took me that long to get writers block.  She wrote one book, then practiced writing until she took a small break to use the bathroom.  Then she wrote a letter to her penpal in riverview.  Total writing time was 12 hours max and it wasn't consistent.  She went to talk to a random townie and tensed up from writers block.  I suppose if it took me longer I would have resorted to locking her in a room as well  :)  I think it's just writing as much as you can without long periods of doing something else.

anything