Author Topic: Maids  (Read 23509 times)

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
Maids
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:37:13 PM »
I hate my maid.

He is a creepy goateed pervert. I am sure he is a sex-offender on a work release program, but I just can't seem to get rid of him. I have tried firing him, dismissing him, cancelling the service, but every time I ring to get a new maid, he comes back. I even tried boxing him in a little room with no door, but he just walked through the wall ! (he is actually quite a good maid but I don't care)

I want a nice young girl to chat with on occasion and not be stalked by !

Any ideas?

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: Maids
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:51:34 PM »
I hate my maid.

He is a creepy goateed pervert. I am sure he is a sex-offender on a work release program, but I just can't seem to get rid of him. I have tried firing him, dismissing him, cancelling the service, but every time I ring to get a new maid, he comes back. I even tried boxing him in a little room with no door, but he just walked through the wall ! (he is actually quite a good maid but I don't care)

I want a nice young girl to chat with on occasion and not be stalked by !

Any ideas?

Oh dear. The only maid I've employed so far is quite inoffensive but she followed the family when they moved house, so moving won't help either.
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ChowFatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:55:48 PM »
You know, these maids you all are describing are behaving a lot like poltergeists. I mean, Callycat, yours even followed you when you moved homes? If that is not the behavior of a poltergeist or a demon than I don't know what is. And people have said there are no ghosts in the Sims 4. Maybe, just maybe, ghosts are in fact in TS4 and disguised as the maids. Hmmm...something to think about  ;D
PC-Load Letter! What the...

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:25:08 AM »
Would using the cas cheat work to change the maid into someone less creepy?  I haven't used that cheat, and I don't know how it would affect service sims, but if you are not adverse to cheats it might be worth a try.  I'd start by using "save as" to get another backup of your game before trying it.

I think the cheat works as follows:

testingcheats true
cas.fulleditmode

and then shift-click the sim you want to change and it should take you into the full CAS mode with that sim. 

To those who have tried this cheat, does it allow you to change gender of a sim as well as name and appearance?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 01:55:25 AM »
It's rather worrisome you can't fire the maid and hire another though. Can you fire the maid at all? Don't want a stalker on my lot!

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 03:58:35 AM »
Drastic measures were required.

I put on my lovely new dress, and ambushed the fiancee as he arrived back from the gym,

handed him an excuse note for work tomorrow and had him build a 'lovely' new little house in the back corner of the yard. He is a very handy fellow :)

Next day, I went to work while he waited for Gomez. He proceeded to make friends with the fool and have him move in to his little house which, oddly, the door strangely disappeared from. Go figure.

When I got back from a busy day at the studio, I kindly made our new 'friend' 3 delicious birthday cakes. (He was only able to blow out the candles on one and I was forced to eat the other 2.... sigh... more treadmill time)

Then it was just a waiting game. Finally the filthy bugger expired .... 2 days later. A little brutal perhaps, but then I did try to be civilized about the whole thing in the beginning. It is not my fault that the agency kept sending him here. I will admit that trying to seduce the grim reaper was perhaps a bit inappropriate, but nothing happened, so no harm done :) Chad was asleep at the time anyway. What is a girl to do?

And now I have a new maid. She is a bit of an old biddy, but nice enough, and Chad has a bit of a wandering eye anyway. No need to give him any encouragement.

Offline ChowFatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 05:40:42 AM »

I put on my lovely new dress, and ambushed the fiancee as he arrived back from the gym,

handed him an excuse note for work tomorrow and had him build a 'lovely' new little house in the back corner of the yard. He is a very handy fellow :)

Next day, I went to work while he waited for Gomez. He proceeded to make friends with the fool and have him move in to his little house which, oddly, the door strangely disappeared from. Go figure.

When I got back from a busy day at the studio, I kindly made our new 'friend' 3 delicious birthday cakes. (He was only able to blow out the candles on one and I was forced to eat the other 2.... sigh... more treadmill time)

Then it was just a waiting game. Finally the filthy bugger expired .... 2 days later. A little brutal perhaps, but then I did try to be civilized about the whole thing in the beginning. It is not my fault that the agency kept sending him here. I will admit that trying to seduce the grim reaper was perhaps a bit inappropriate, but nothing happened, so no harm done :) Chad was asleep at the time anyway. What is a girl to do?

And now I have a new maid. She is a bit of an old biddy, but nice enough, and Chad has a bit of a wandering eye anyway. No need to give him any encouragement.

Now that is too durned funny. :) Nice technique...very nice ;)
PC-Load Letter! What the...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dhuffer

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 07:16:50 AM »

OMG!!! You made me spit out my coffee this morning on this story how funny remind me to stay away from your house... :)

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 09:07:55 AM »
 :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 09:37:59 AM »
Funniest story and best way I've heard of handling a bug in a long time. Others may be forced to follow your advice... on a side note I guess you got to see the cool, new Grim. Modern, isn't he? I liked how he uses a tablet to check his list.

I'm on my kindle but read on the link in the other cheats thread on my suggestions board that there is a way to cheat to get your own Sims to behave as a maid. They literally drop everything and go after spills and grime to keep your place clean. I'll update this post a little later.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 02:52:46 PM »
@ Disco, LOL too funny  ;D love your picture too  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 04:02:32 PM »
I updated Cheats, but didn't include this as I wanted to keep what I used from TwistedMexican to a minimum - he discovered tons of cheats that you can see here.

Here is the cheat I mentioned that makes a Sim act as a maid. You should have testingcheats on. sims.add_buff NPC_Maid will make the selected Sim act as a maid and clean up any time there is a problem around the house. I thought this'd be a good place to share it and raise awareness of TwistedMexican's work :) You can turn it off with sims.remove_buff NPC_Maid