Author Topic: Baby Genders  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Baby Genders
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:28:49 PM »
Is there a way to make sure you get either a boy or a girl when your sim is pregnant? Like something with eating watermelons and apples in Sims 3?

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: Baby Genders
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »
No one has discovered the secret if it exists in Sims 4 yet.

I keep having boys in my first family. 4 generations, total of 10 children, 7 boys, 1 natural girl and 2 girls added in CAS just to have girls.

I wonder if I'm doing something in that family to trigger boys all the time but I can't figure out what.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
Everything I've read on the official forums indicates that it's a pure 50/50 chance with no modifiers.  We might have to wait for a modder to come up with a way to change that, or use the CAS cheat to alter a household member to the right gender.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:26 AM »
So far without doing anything special I've had one girl and one boy, personally I love the 50/50 chance if that's what it is. I enjoyed being able to control the genders, but the random-ness does make it more authentic and exciting :)

Offline Aedriana

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 03:24:28 PM »
My first family play through bore a son and a daughter with a child on the way. My second has four boys with one on the way. Fingers crossed it's a girl, but I am almost positive it's going to be a boy. She's still going to work into her third trimester as a Secret Agent. "Shh, probably should have kept it a secret huh", and the father just celebrated a birthday and is now in his golden years. The boys are doing well at Goth Preparatory School and looking forward to the arrival of their sibling, who is hopefully a little sister! ;)

Offline heather9587

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:40:23 AM »
No one has discovered the secret if it exists in Sims 4 yet.

I keep having boys in my first family. 4 generations, total of 10 children, 7 boys, 1 natural girl and 2 girls added in CAS just to have girls.

I wonder if I'm doing something in that family to trigger boys all the time but I can't figure out what.

I had to do that too. My Sim and her husband had 6 sons, no daughters, and I had to go into CAS and turn a few into girls. When I first downloaded the game it didn't do that- but origin updated the game and then it was ruined.

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:52:53 AM »
I was having this exact problem

My sim was required to produce a male heir for his legacy.

Naturally the first two children were girls. They are completely adorable and I love them to bits :) But it occured to me that the mum, Logan, had spent the first 2 pregnancies on a diet of straight pink cake. hmm. Third pregnancy Logan only ate blue cake.

And a boy.

Is this the key? Quite likely it is just a coincidence, but mb not. All Logan ate, and I do mean ALL, for the first 2 pregnancies was pink cake. 2 girls  (this is not very good for the waistline) All Logan ate for the 3rd was blue cake. A boy.

mb :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 09:45:53 AM »
Getting all one gender babies is a reported bug on the official forums.  Hopefully we'll see something on it in the next patch.  Whenever that is.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 09:51:47 AM »
Is this the key? Quite likely it is just a coincidence, but mb not. All Logan ate, and I do mean ALL, for the first 2 pregnancies was pink cake. 2 girls  (this is not very good for the waistline) All Logan ate for the 3rd was blue cake. A boy.

This is interesting. I wonder if there is something about the cake. I'll have to try this. Thanks!

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 06:10:50 PM »
Getting all one gender babies is a reported bug on the official forums.  Hopefully we'll see something on it in the next patch.  Whenever that is.

Where did you read this on the official forums? I had a look at the Known Issues thread by crinrict today and didn't see this mentioned.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »
Sadly, the pink/blue cake thing was likely just a coincidence. One of the Sims Gurus confirmed on Reddit that there was no way to influence the gender of nooboos. Sad though, I think the idea was pretty cute.

Dellena

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 01:06:50 AM »
Where did you read this on the official forums? I had a look at the Known Issues thread by crinrict today and didn't see this mentioned.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Having-babies-all-the-same-gender/m-p/3463793#U3463793

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 04:13:50 AM »
I suspected as much, I guess it was too obvious to be true. (I think I am going to go with it anyway. Theme, hope, old wives tales, it's all good content). Poor Logan ... all that treadmill time ... mind you she dropped the weight in a heartbeat. I was surprised, and a little disappointed tbh. I had story planned for her getting all hot-headed about it.

anything