Author Topic: Fish in your inventory  (Read 11045 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Fish in your inventory
« on: September 06, 2014, 09:57:35 PM »
Has anyone noticed that fish in your inventory seem to have a 'shelf' life! My sim has been fishing for quite some time and was keeping everything in her inventory. I needed a bit of cash and decided to sell off some of the fish and found the freshness quality of all the fish was foul! I sent her fishing and she caught two fish, one 's freshness quality was average and the other was great, so it looks like the freshness quality can vary with fish you catch (maybe it's an age thing) and I presume that once caught and in the sim's inventory it will go down until foul. I might leave both those fish in her inventory to see what happens. I wonder if they get to a point beyond foul where they start to affect the sim's mood?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: Fish in your inventory
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:36:43 PM »
I haven't done fishing yet.

But I did see someone state the quality goes down when kept in your inventory, and it goes down while in the fridge. It just decays a lot slower in the fridge, apparently. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
I found that the freshness quality went down so quickly in my sims inventory that by the time I wanted to use them as fertilizer they were all foul. I became so frustrated with gardening/fishing that I'm playing another household at the moment. Gardening seems so much harder now or maybe I'm just so used to the store content in TS3  ;)
I did put the fish in the fridge and it slowed the freshness decay down greatly but I couldn't be bothered with all the clicking and dragging in and out inventories/fridges  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:04:33 AM »
My testing got put on the back burner (Father's Day here and all the kids arrived to see Dad  ;D )
I took note of the three fish my sim caught on the Thursday. One was great, one was average and the third was excellent. I left the average and great ones in her inventory and put the excellent one in a fish bowl. Friday morning, the great had gone down to poor and the averaage one was foul. I didn't seem to be able to check the one in the bowl so I just left it. Friday afternoon and both the great and the average were foul and I discovered that I could check the one in the bowl and it was down to poor. Saturday morning and they were all foul!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »
The minute my Sim catches a fish, ( I don't watch her fish I watch my other Sims at home), I can click on her inventory and immediately drag the fish to the fridge.  Her hubby is a chef so he cooks up the fish she catches which does not spoil as rapidly as plain fish does.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Konajava

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 02:46:23 AM »