Author Topic: Is there a way to edit townies without it swithing households?  (Read 28013 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Is there a way to edit townies without it swithing households?
« on: September 06, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
I thought I would edit one of the townies so I turn on testingcheats and shifted clicked the sim and took them into CaS. But after I finished making the changes I wanted and exited out of CaS that sim was now my active household.
So I was wondering if there is a way to do this without switching households.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Is there a way to edit townies without it swithing households?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 11:42:30 AM »
You could try doing it through the manage households function (go into manage world and then in the upper right hand should be a manage households button).

You can search the households depending on which town they live in or weather or not they are homeless sims.

I added a lot of sims to the homeless sims households without it switching, so I think you should be fine using this method.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
They shouldn't have been added to your household.  What you did should have worked.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »
They shouldn't have been added to your household.  What you did should have worked.
They wasn't added to my household. It switched me to there household as the active household when I came back in to live mode.

You could try doing it through the manage households function (go into manage world and then in the upper right hand should be a manage households button).

You can search the households depending on which town they live in or weather or not they are homeless sims.

I added a lot of sims to the homeless sims households without it switching, so I think you should be fine using this method.

That works. Not as easy as just grabbing them off the street when I see them and want to change something, but it'll work. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

Homeless Sims?  You can add your creations to homeless Sims?  How do you do this and find homeless Sims to begin with?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 02:55:36 PM »
Homeless Sims?  You can add your creations to homeless Sims?  How do you do this and find homeless Sims to begin with?

Go to manage worlds in the main menu. Then in the upper left corner there is a button with kind of like a family on it. It says Household Management. Filter households by "unplayed households" at the top and then "not in world" on the roll down menu. There are all the homeless sims.

Click on one of them, when you click on the "pen" it says edit or remove. Click it and you go to CAS. You can't edit the original sim, but you can add others, and you can delete the original sim without any problems. I have been adding sims from the gallery.