Author Topic: Stuck in "at work/school" state  (Read 18251 times)

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
Stuck in "at work/school" state
« on: September 06, 2014, 09:47:46 AM »
I set up a simple 3-sim lot:  writer, painter, and child.  Today they each went off to their respective jobs pretty much at the same time, so I was stuck just watching an empty house for a while.  Oddly the time wouldn't seem to go into that superfast mode where it ticks off about 10 minutes per second, but that was okay.  I spent the time watching neighbors pass by.  Even caught sight of a sim walking around in the Grim Reaper's clothes!

Anyway, at the allotted time, the painter came home but was still listed as At Work!  Didn't keep me from controlling her and sending her to shower off the grunge she'd managed somehow to accrue during the day but it does keep me from looking at her goals, relationships, etc.  Then she went to take a nap, apparently to dream of work... work.... woooooooooork... *snzzznzk*

Then the child came home from school, and she was stuck in "At School" as well!  I mean, I remember feeling like school would never end when I was that age, but this is a little more literal than I ever had it.

Then the writer came home (bored from work for the 2nd day in a row... maybe she should have chosen to be a skydiver or sword-swallower if writing bores her so much!) and not only was she stuck in "At Work" but she was actually invisible.  I watched her shadow walk up to the house, open the door, walk into the living room and then sit down at the computer for some much needed gaming fun.  Later it got up and moved over to the kitchen where the child was busy playing with a doll and completely oblivious to everything else, and I heard the invisible sim saying "Sul!  um... Sul?"  As if to say "Hello!  uh.... hello?  Anyone home or am I invisible over here?"  I actually got a chuckle out of that, since it seemed like even when the game is buggy the voice context was just about right :)

I tried clicking on each of their work menus and saying "leave work/school early" but got no result, except with the child where it told me each time that I clicked it that she was doing average at school.  GET TO WORK GENIUS CHILD.

Oddly enough, the invisible writer (oh wait, maybe she was in ghost-writer mode) kind of "phased in" while sitting at the computer a little while later.  At that point her controls all changed back to normal, but the other two are still stuck.

I should mention that all three of these sims headed to work at normal times and yet their boss/principal tried to call their cellphone as if they were late.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
Re: Stuck in "at work/school" state
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »
Have you tried clicking on the road and having them travel to a different lot? also there is a reset sim cheat in Carl's guide you could try as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »
I haven't tried that yet, decided to start up a new sim and work on the mixology career, so I haven't gone back to my problem children today.  I probably should before they die of old age!

Offline MeesterPepper

• Nooboo
Teen Sim Stuck At School
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:18:28 PM »
So, I've been playing a challenge where you make a Sim, and control only that Sim. Any other household members run on autonomy-only. My son went to school one Friday, and never came back. Not wanting to break the rules, I did nothing. Eventually, Monday came, and the teen was still at school, and I got a warning about him not completing his homework.
I broke my rule and told the teen to "Leave School Early" at about midnight on Monday. He came home, received performance loss at school and stern warning for leaving early, and then promptly died of hunger.

So, that's what happened. I know it's simply a bug, and it had an easy enough fix, but I'm wondering if anybody else has had a Sim get stuck at school/work?

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
Re: Teen Sim Stuck At School
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:12:55 PM »

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Teen Sim Stuck At School
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
We already have a topic about this, so I'm merging them.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »
Oddly the time wouldn't seem to go into that superfast mode where it ticks off about 10 minutes per second, but that was okay.

Whenever I see that happen, I go back to normal speed, then back to cheetah speed and it usually kicks in that fast mode.
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything