Author Topic: Regarding the "Forever processing" glitch  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Rocky-Roo

• Nooboo
Regarding the "Forever processing" glitch
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:14:32 PM »
I just got it again. I've had it on 2 games, and both have been on Moonlight Falls, I recently saw another person get it stuck on Moonlight Falls. Is it the town? What towns have you guys got the glitch on?

(idk if it's moonlight or moonlit, sorry.)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Regarding the "Forever processing" glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:27:21 AM »
I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help board.

Welcome to our Forum.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 10:06:36 AM »
Hi Ricky-Roo, I don't know if this is the same or not, but lately my game will mostly load until it gets just a tiny bit from completing and then it just hangs there for what seems like forever. It does load eventually, but takes much, much longer lately. This just started happening recently so, the only thing I can think of is something that EA has done in a patch. I don't know if going back to a previous patch version would work or not, I've not tried it. I usually just put the game in the background and do other things like on facebook. Maybe others have something else to suggest, maybe for a reason.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
I find that unchecking interactive loading screens and not using other applications helps with loading times.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 05:24:52 PM »
I have the interactive unchecked, but it still takes forever for that last little bit (about 1/4 inch left of the bar) to load. I'm going to try taking out my mods and see what happens. Maybe one of them is interfering.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
I just timed my game loading from the time I clicked on the family to play until it actually loaded. It took just shy of 20 miin!!! As I said above, I do have the interactive turned off. That is far too long. Next time I load, I'll try removing some mods and see if that does anything. This just started happening recently.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »
I just timed my game loading from the time I clicked on the family to play until it actually loaded. It took just shy of 20 miin!!! As I said above, I do have the interactive turned off. That is far too long. Next time I load, I'll try removing some mods and see if that does anything. This just started happening recently.

Have you cleaned out your caches lately?  Sometimes that helps.  I personally remove all screenies to a separate folder, remove all backup saves and clear my caches. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »
Yes, I cleaned out all of my cache files. I also removed my mods folder and this time the game took a full 30 min to load!!!! This is totally unacceptable! This also puts the responsibility on EA's lap. They've done something to totally slow down the loading time. :(

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 07:27:58 AM »
Please be careful -- we have a strict rule against EA Bashing, and in my opinion, that last sentence is pretty close to it. :)

How old is your PC, and how many EP's and SP's do you have installed? I have a 2011 HP Laptop with all EP's and SP's bar two and I get essentially the same loading time. It's frustrating, but TS3 is an older game and a bit clunky code wise. It runs slow on anything except good gaming PC's, or if you have a decent amount of RAM unlocked for it, generally. :)

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 08:43:26 AM »
@Sonshine - how old is your save game.  As in, how many game weeks has it been active?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »
@Seabody, my comp is about 2 years or so old, Win 7/64, 15 gig RAM, GeForce 480, and 3.20 Gig CPU. Also, I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing EA. I guess I was just frustrated at the time. : /

@Dellena, this particular game is towards the end of a legacy. I'm on the 9th gen now. Also, the family is very big now plus 1 horse, the group science project, and they are on a 64x64 lot. I would like to say thanks for putting this into perspective for me. It must be the size of the family plus large objects plus the lot that is slowing everything down.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 08:13:49 PM »

@Dellena, this particular game is towards the end of a legacy. I'm on the 9th gen now. Also, the family is very big now plus 1 horse, the group science project, and they are on a 64x64 lot. I would like to say thanks for putting this into perspective for me. It must be the size of the family plus large objects plus the lot that is slowing everything down.

It could be the legacy file, but then maybe not as I have the same issue whether or not I'm playing a legacy or a brand new game.  This is a recent thing.  My pc is pretty old but it's innards are new and high standard.  When I first updated everything in the pc it went smooth and fast, and that wasn't that long ago.  Now it's a long wait before that last little bit finally loads.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 08:27:30 PM »
I have this happen (30+ minute load time) if I've deleted the cache folders in order to bring the gameplay back up to speed.  Once the game passes about two sim weeks it's necessary to do this every day even in a vanilla game with no mods and no CC beyond the occasional recolour of an item.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 10:30:49 PM »
I'm having the "forever processing" problem in UC.  It happens when I switch from live mode to buy or build mode while on my own lot.  Sometimes it is happening when I try to move items.  I totally lost all of my game play for the day, (broke my own cardinal rule and did not save often), because it simply wouldn't go into buy mode.  Is there a cure for this?

----------
My No Buy Story

anything