Author Topic: Tiberium growth??  (Read 4779 times)

Offline vagles005

• Nooboo
Tiberium growth??
« on: April 22, 2014, 04:47:26 AM »
I've been making a gem collection and so far I have all gems in every cut both large and small other than tiberium and spire cut (pic below). I'm now ready to start messing with tiberium but I'm wondering if once I get the tiberium in all cuts through transfiguration, will it change back to a spire cut when I set it out on display? I would like to have both large and small cuts.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Tiberium growth??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 06:00:14 AM »
I don't know why this thread was locked, but I'm unlocking it.  I'm also moving this over to the Miscellaneous Help thread.

Welcome to our Forum, vagles005.  I've gotten many different shapes of Tiberium and they did not grow to the spire cut.  The only ones that have grown for me are the heart shape and the small spires. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vagles005

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:26:48 PM »
Thank you Pam :). Have you gotten them in both large and small cuts? I thought I read somewhere that any small cut tiberium would still grow but can't find much about. Also does anyone know of a way to make the heart shape and spires not grow? I would really like to have a full collection of all gems in every cut out on display.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 03:52:05 AM »
It's been awhile since I played around with gem cutting, but I believe I was able to get both large and small Tiberium gems in various cuts.  It's tricky, to say the least.  The one way that heart shaped and small spires will not grow is if there is no room around them.  They need some empty space all around them to grow, so if you put them up against each other, they shouldn't grow.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline vagles005

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 02:22:58 AM »
I finally completed my whole collection! I also found that any small cut tiberium does change into spire cuts when set out. but I did find a way to stop it by using a XML tuning mod. so now I can have everything out on display like I want.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:13:17 AM »
That's a stunning collection!  Congratulations on getting the Tiberium worked out.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:48:39 AM »
Wow! What an impressive collection!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kusurusu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »
Tiberium won't grow if there isn't enough space or if it's in your inventories. So, unless you can put large gems on small pedestals you don't need a xml tuning mod.

p.s. I created my own lot with collectibles (and nothing else!)
My SuperSim Collection
Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali

Offline vagles005

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 08:42:36 PM »
@MarianT and Pam thank you! @kusurusu how I have the tiberium displayed in the picture (previous post) on separate pedestals they are not close enough together to not grow. There for I needed a xml tuning mod. :)......I also have a metal collection and start of an insect collection

Offline glitterderpes

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 04:53:29 AM »
I know this is sort of an old thread but my bit of information isn't really worth starting a new thread. I think.. if it is then sorry, moderators!
But I see people saying that Tiberium won't grow if there's not enough space around it. Well I set mine out and it didn't grow, then decided to give travel a try. When I got back it hadn't grown in my inventory so I cut it (spiral cut) and that cut became a large one worth about 30 000 simoleons, but I also got three dust that I set out next to it (I used the XL display, the one for transfiguration) all in a neat row. The dust all grew to be large ones worth about 30 000 simoleons except for one that was worth 40 000

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 07:57:22 PM »
Our dog found some tiberium for me so I cut it into spiral cut and placed it all by itself outside.  It didn't grow.  The trick to it not growing I believe is no travel.  Once you travel with it it will grow.  Since mine was found in our town of Union Cove and never left there, it simply does not grow.  Once my dynasty Sims are able to travel I'll carry it along with me and see if that will trigger growth.  I didn't know you could make the dust grow into new tiberium.  Woot!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything