Author Topic: Sims 4 Physical Disk  (Read 22196 times)

McHazy

Re: Sims 4 Physical Disk
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 06:50:02 AM »
Really?! My parents hate buying from Amazon, but I'll just have to convince them!

Lol, good luck convincing them! I couldn't believe the price either, and the great thing with pre-ordering from Amazon is that if the price drops again before release it will be lower price, and you also get it on release day.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 12:52:12 PM »
Founds somewhere to pre-order the Premium Edition for under £40 in england!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sims-4-Premium-Edition/dp/B00E4LGUBE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405961056&sr=8-2&keywords=the+sims+4

Might get this next month. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »
I've order several things through Walmarts for the in store pickup option and I was going to order this through Walmart for the in store pick up option sense I'm not home often to receive delivers but when going to check out the only options is home deliver not for in store pick up. Has anyone else tried to order through Walmarts and notice this.
Maybe it's because it's a pre-order item or not the physical disk but a download item? But I didn't notice anything in the description saying it was a digital copy.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Barbara917

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 01:22:40 PM »
You will be able to get Sims 4 physically Joria, you just won't be able to buy it that way through Origin.  I have a thread where EA made that announcement. 

You will be able to get it physically through Amazon, and I've seen a sign by the local Wal-Mart giving the expected advertising push that it will be there as well. 

Could you please link to the EA announcement? I don't mean to be a skeptic but I need things spelled out for me in black and white. I do not doubt that the "physical copy" will be a disk.  I have a question in my mind as to what will be on the disk. Will the disk contain the full blown executable of the game? I ask because a few years ago I got a "disk copy"  of a PC game (another title on the Steam service.) It was a disk. But what was on the disk was a wizard for installing Steam. You then had to download the game. The disk was never needed after that. So the disk in the box wasn't actually a "physical copy" of the game.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »
The announcement about Origin going entirely digital is here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,19595.0.html

As for the disc version?  There is in fact a recent tweet (which I will put up on news later today) where SimGuruGraham mentions where the disc version also unlocks a digital version on Origin:

‏@cyberqueen13  · Jul 20 :  @SimGuruGraham Can you tell me if I buy The Sims 4 disk version will it also get a digital version added to my origin account like TS3?

Graham Nardone:  @cyberqueen13 Yup, the disc version will also unlock a copy of the game in your Origin account.
(Source:  SimGuruGraham)

When one buys the game, it does unlock a digital version on the Origin if you register it with EA.  However, if you don't register it, you can still install it from the disc. 

I won't deny that EA has done the whole digital copy in a store box route; the various worlds like Barnacle Bay that you see in Wal-Mart (as an example) simply gives you an empty case, and a digital code.  However, for the base game, and big expansions, the discs are their own thing.  If this changes with Sims 4 making it digital only across all platforms, I will be sure to announce it.

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 11:15:35 PM »
I'm definitely getting the physical copy, as it feels more secure to me. Though I was pleasantly surprised to find the digital copies in my origin client after I registered them. Made the whole re installing thing a lot easier!

I've pre-ordered the collectors edition from my local EB games here in NZ. It's more expensive sure... But I want the Plumbob thing! I did the same with Sims 3, getting the Plumbob USB was awesome!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »
I went to Amazon.in today to preorder the limited edition but I couldn't find the game in the website. And I also found out that Sims4 will be lauching in India on 30th September, a month after the official release in USA. So, must wait a month for the physical copy.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 06:02:12 PM »
I went to Amazon.in today to preorder the limited edition but I couldn't find the game in the website. And I also found out that Sims4 will be lauching in India on 30th September, a month after the official release in USA. So, must wait a month for the physical copy.

Acording to the official release schedule  it will be released in india on the 5th of September so you wont have a long wait after all.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2014, 02:35:18 PM »
I've pre-ordered a physical copy of the sims 4. I'd like to have something I can touch of the games I (think I) really like. And you can get the digital version through Origin anyway.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2014, 07:51:20 PM »
I don't know if I did something wrong when I placed my pre-order through Amazon many weeks ago, but the payment for Sims 4 only just came out of my account today. This really irritates me because when I bought it, I had the money ready for it. Of course, that money was spent when I didn't realize that Amazon didn't take it at the time. Now, all this time later, it came out of my account when I wasn't expecting it. Lesson learned about purchasing Sims games from Amazon.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 08:37:16 PM »
That's normal for Amazon.

They typically only take the money when they actually have the product in the warehouse ready to ship. :) I know a few places that operate this way.

Naria

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's all online preorders? The only time I ever paid for a preordered game upfront was in stores where you put 5 dollars down or however much you want.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 01:43:31 AM »
You are right Naria, origin does the same thing. I had supernatural cancel on me once because I thought I had already been charged for it, and my balance wasn't there when they wanted to put through the sale. Very annoying.

Dellena

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 05:25:13 AM »
This is in Amazon's preorder information:

For items with a future release date, the Amazon price may change between the time of order and the date the item is dispatched. We don't charge you until we dispatch an item; therefore, when you pre-order selected books, CDs, videos, DVDs, pieces of software or video games, you'll be charged the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time the order was placed and the item's release date.

If the price is lowered on the release date and your order has already been dispatched, we'll automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price.