Author Topic: Partial Installation Problems  (Read 1385 times)

Offline meowalirose

• Nooboo
Partial Installation Problems
« on: June 11, 2014, 01:14:18 PM »
Hi All! I have some issues!

I tried to install the Sims 3 Island Paradise in January. I was having charger issues and my laptop died halfway through. So it's partially installed and partially not installed. It won't let me uninstall it. But it won't let me play either. I have 6 expansion and 2 stuff packs and I only have three of the expansion pack discs. I don't have the base game either. They were lost. Is there any way to fix it that you know of without uninstalling them all?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Partial Installation Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »
I do not know how to fix this but uninstalling everything might work. I'm sorry, but I don't know any other ways. There may be other people who know something about this...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:44:19 AM »
Hi Meowalirose,

Before you lost your discs, did you register them with Sims3.com?  If so you could download them from Origin.com.

Try this for uninstalling Island Paradise.

1.) Delete the Island Paradise folder. C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Island Paradise or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Island Paradise

2.) Run a registry cleaner, like CCleaner - https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download 

3.) Rename your The Sims 3 folder to something like The Sims 3 Old. C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Where <Username> is your Windows account name.

4.) Try running the game to see how things work.

5.) If things go okay, then install Island Paradise.

6.) Try running the game again to make sure things work okay.

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline meowalirose

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 12:42:34 PM »
Thank you for your help! Unfortunately the Ccleaner and delete did not work. But we did have the cases so I was able to get the codes and download the games. So that was a ton of help! I really appreciate it.

anything