Author Topic: Error Code 12  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
Error Code 12
« on: June 15, 2014, 04:54:11 PM »
Hi I really hope someone can help me please.
I have been playing Sunset Valley for ages .At least 4 months(no cc content but building from this forum and lots from the Sims 3 community)used to make it different.
Anyway I saved as usual and got error code 12.I clicked back into the game  and it crashed.
I reloaded the game and when my game menu came up my Sunset Valley game was not there!,I regularly do the "clean-ups" on my files (as recommended by the site)
I'm not very confidant with computers so any help will be very much appreciated
Thank you
Monica

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Error Code 12
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
I have been getting that lately on larger files.  Instead of save, I use "save as" and rename it.  I usually do that once and then it doesn't happen again. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 07:35:18 PM »
Hi Salty, I will try that
thank you

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 10:30:29 PM »
Hi there! So, you had a save file, were playing it, got an error 12, it crashed without you getting to save and now it's not there?

Have you checked your saves folder for a .backup of that file? Rename the file that has the .backup to remove the ".backup" part of the name and load the game up. So if your game was Sunset Valley.file (I know this isn't the ending of it, but I don't have access to my Sims folder at the moment, so bear with me) there should be another folder called "Sunset Valley.File.backup, just remove the .backup and open up the Sims. Hopefully that should bring back your file.

If you are able to get your file up, save often and "Save As" often with a new name. Like SunsetValley1, SunsetValley2. I encourage people to avoid spaces in their save names, as that has been linked to having issues with the error 12, also try to avoid going for long stretches of Sim time without saving! Happy Simming, let me know if that helps!

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 02:00:50 AM »
Hi Salty and LivvieLove,
thank you so much for your help and advive.I have got my game back ;D
Monica

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."