Author Topic: Game frozen while saving... and my save file dissapeared!  (Read 2387 times)

Offline thesimskid25

• Nooboo
Game frozen while saving... and my save file dissapeared!
« on: June 11, 2014, 11:19:56 AM »
Hello,

I've been having problems with my game recently, and I am in desperate need of some help. At first, I couldn't save without getting the "error code 12" message. I was playing on a custom world at the time, and the problem stopped once I switched to an EA world-- Isla Paradiso. Everything was fine after that, and I ended up playing without any problems for a good week. It would crash every once in a while, but it was usually because I had been playing for many hours. The other day, I got the error 12 again. I ended up "restoring previous sessions" on my Saves folder, and it took me back about a week in my game. Although I was annoyed having to replay everything, it was finally working again and I had smooth gameplay. I was saving (using Save As) every 5 minutes or so, just to be safe. I saved again, right as I was about to stop playing for the night, and the game freezes while it is saving. I left it alone for about 20 minutes, hoping it would eventually come back, but no it didn't. So I used ctrl-alt-delete to exit the Sims, and now there is NOTHING in my Saves folder. There is no .bad or .backup file. NOTHING. I am so confused and really upset about this. Why would it freeze after I had saved successfully 10 times beforehand? I even monitored the memory usage through the Processes tab, and it never exceeded 3.5 MB (which I saw was when your game will give you error 12). I have had so many issues and now I am desperate for some help.

I do have some custom content and 4 mods (Master Controller, Woohoer, Saver, and No Intro) but they haven't given me any problems in the past. My computer is not the greatest, but it is a 32 bit system with 2048 MB RAM and 473 GB free on my hard drive. My processor is an Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU    E8400  @ 3.00 GHz  (2 CPUs)
~2.7GHz

Thank you ahead of time.

Dellena

Re: Game frozen while saving... and my save file dissapeared!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »
Try moving your mods folder to your desktop and then start your game again and see if they're still gone.  Also, be sure your mods are up to date.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimskid25

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »
Try moving your mods folder to your desktop and then start your game again and see if they're still gone.  Also, be sure your mods are up to date.

I tried this and it didn't work :( How do I update my mods? I am not sure if updating will help though because I downloaded all of them and installed them only 2 weeks ago.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »
They should be up to date then.  If removing them doesn't fix it, then it's not a mod issue.  Strange that all of you saves disappeared.  Are you certain you're looking in the right location for them?

Offline thesimskid25

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 12:41:53 PM »
Yes... Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 01:59:22 AM »
Hi Thesimskid25,

Have you tried searching for the Save-game files on your computer?

Click the Start button and search for *.nhd
Click See More Results to show where the files are located.

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *