Author Topic: Using Edit Town to Place a Nectary- Resolved!  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Using Edit Town to Place a Nectary- Resolved!
« on: May 29, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »
I'm currently playing a legacy in Monte Vista and I decided that Italy needs a nectary.  Now, I'm not really looking to build my own nectary, so I saved the nectary from Champs le Sims to the library so I could place it.  There is one lot left big enough to fit it... But Iit won't let me place it.  I've tried changing the designation to nectary, to visitor's allowed, to no visitor's allowed. Nothing is working.  Am I missing a step?  Do I have to do something special with it?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Using Edit Town to Place a Nectary
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 02:10:41 AM »
I believe the Nectary designation would be the right one.  What exactly happens when you try to place it?  Also, if you haven't already done so, I suggest that you restart the game just in case it's something as simple as needing to be refreshed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 03:15:56 AM »
Also, I've seen that sometimes, an empty lot has had something done to it so that the game doesn't see it as empty.  You can sometimes see it in Edit Town where you see an empty lot but instead of the square empty lot icon it has the empty house icon.  You can't place any lots on it.  First, you need to bulldoze the lot and then it will again have the square empty lot icon.  So change your lot to residential and make sure it has the square empty lot icon.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »
Thank you both for the suggestions ^^  I did try restarting and all that, Pam.  But unfortunately, it wasn't that.  However, Dellena, you nailed it.  Even though it was an empty lot, there must have been something on it.  So I just bulldozed it, changed the designation and voila, it worked!  So thanks so much! 

Dellena

Re: Using Edit Town to Place a Nectary- Resolved!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »
I've had it happen to me plenty of times.  So beware of empty lots with the empty house icon. :)  Bulldoze them so you can place lots.