Author Topic: Mouse/Cursor Issues  (Read 15867 times)

Offline rebeccaswain25

• Nooboo
Mouse/Cursor Issues
« on: May 30, 2014, 06:44:56 AM »
For the last week or so I've been having problems with the mouse/cursor hover feature, I'll try to explain. I hope someone can help me as it is making my game pretty impossible to play.

So recently I've been playing the game normally but from anywhere between 5-30 minutes into the game the hover feature stops working (but only in TS3 and works fine on the rest of my computer). Basically it just randomly stops and the following things happen:

- edge scrolling doesn't work anymore (yes it is enabled)
- sliders don't work
- hovering over things gives no information so no information about wishes, sims' names, item names, button names etc.
- scrolling doesn't work, only clicking the little scrolling arrows works
- hovering over things doesn't show what you're hovering over, for example the 'accept' buttons don't light up when hovered over etc.

This makes my game almost impossible to play and it's extremely frustrating as I love playing and have also bought 5 EPs and my game has always worked fine until recently. I'm desperate for help with this issue!

I haven't done any updates or patches or downloaded any CC or anything at all that could've caused this issue, it just started occurring so randomly one day.

Thank you for anyone who has advice or can help me :-)

Dellena

Re: PLEASE HELP - Mouse/Cursor Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 06:53:30 AM »
Two questions:

1.  Does it happen in a fresh game - new world, standard EA sims, etc.?

2.  Have you checked your mouse driver?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rebeccaswain25

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:31:12 AM »
1. Yes, unfortunately it happens even if I start a completely new game :-( Once the problem happens it occurs throughout the entire Sims 3 so even on the main menu or a new game it happens. If I restart TS3 then it is fine for around 5 minutes but then happens again. It is the most frustrating thing ever!

2. I have checked the mouse driver. I'm sure it's definitely not the mouse as I have tried another mouse too and the problem still occurs. The mouse is fine on the rest of the computer if I minimise TS3 and the hover/rollover thing works everywhere else, then if I go back to Sims it still doesn't work :-(

Thanks for your reply

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 07:42:49 AM »
What version are you playing?  You should find the version number in the bottom left of the launcher.

Offline rebeccaswain25

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 07:54:10 AM »
Version 1.67.2.024002

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 08:30:26 AM »
Do you play full screen or in windowed mode?  Do you have any other programs open while playing?

Offline rebeccaswain25

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 10:20:20 AM »
I play full screen, with just google chrome open on my computer. I've always played like this, for a few years

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »
Out of curiousity - try playing with everything closed but the game.  Have all closed, then start the game.  See if the problem persists.

Then try the game in windowed mode and see if it persists.

Trying to eliminate some possibilities.

Offline rebeccaswain25

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »
Have tried both of these now, the problem still persists :(

This is getting beyond frustrating now; my game is pretty much unplayable. I can't see any information from wishes, sims, objects, anything, I can't do anything at all in build/buy mode as it doesn't let me drag or place anything, can't use edge scrolling, can't scroll in CAS/inventory/menus. Pretty much can't do anything with this problem. I just really can't understand why it has happened so suddenly and randomly.

Thank you for trying to help me a lot by the way, much appreciated :-)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 11:40:39 PM »
Hi Rebecca,

I'm not entirely sure this will help, but I thought I'd give it a mention just in case it does. I did some searching on your problem. Didn't find much, other than, the suggestion of checking mouse driver, or uninstall/reinstall mouse driver. It sounds like you've tried that.

So here's a couple of other suggestions I found that might help.

Try to plug the mouse into a different usb port on the computer.

Try looking into the game settings. If you can't find anything that may of changed, try resetting the game settings to default.

If the tips above don't help, please see more tips in the post linked below:

Mouse Scroll Wheel Won't Zoom/Mouse Issues In-Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26933.msg448514#msg448514
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything