Author Topic: Can't play the game. Help!  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Roxanne14

• Nooboo
Can't play the game. Help!
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:42:11 AM »
Hello. I hope someone here can help me. I can't play Sims 3 since the last update because when I start the game it's just empty. I can't select any city (it's all blank). I don't have any custom content or other instals. Do you know a solution?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Can't play the game. Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:48:48 AM »
Hi there! Welcome to the forum Roxanne14! Everyone here tends to have their own personal knowledge of the Sims and what's happening when the game gives others issues, so I'm going to ask you to be as specific as possible. You click the shortcut for the Sims and the launcher comes up, when you hit to play does the screen go black or what happens from there?

Based off of the little you told me, my best recommendation is a Factory Reset (but don't jump to it until you've heard some other comments from other players, as well as explained what happens exactly when the game opens as there may be other, better solutions for you).
You can find the step-by-step guide here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,7507.0.html
If that fails you may be looking at a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game.

However, I might request a moderator to move this to the technical help board as you will likely get more responses and people who know the ins-and-outs of these issues.

Welcome to the forum again! I hope we can help you figure out the situation you're having. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Roxanne.  As LivvieLove mentioned, I think this thread really belongs in the Technical Support Board and I'm moving it there.   Also as LivvieLove suggested, it would be helpful if you could include a few more details as to just what is happening in your game.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Roxanne14

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »
Thanks a lot. It resolved the problem.

Offline Roxanne14

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:48:03 AM »
But now I can play version 1.62 (and can't teleport back to the future) and if I update to 1.67 it's the same problem. I enter the game and when i get to the point to select my saved game or city it's nothing there. I can't select anything, it's empty. Really weird, I didn't find any solution on the internet.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
When you say it's empty, do you mean either:

01.) Saved game is there, it's just greyed out. - Gives an error message of "Cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system."

--- If this is case, make sure you've got all expansions, stuff packs and store content you may have installed and try again.

02.) There are no saved games at all?

--- If this is the case, go check your Saves folder to check if they've been accidently deleted.

> Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Saves

If your saved games aren't in this folder, and you know for sure you've got saved games, you may need to search your computer for them. By searching out the name of the saved game.

If that doesn't work, go ahead and create a new game. Save it. Quit the game. Get out of the game. Load the game to see if you can see and select your new game.

Please report back what you find.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *