Author Topic: How to fix "Please resintall base game" ?  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Xion

• Nooboo
How to fix "Please resintall base game" ?
« on: January 31, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »
Hey what's up people, i have a little doubt about this issue, at the moment i have 32bit Windows 7 and soon i'll install 64bit Windowns 7 OS because i have read that 64bit system can help to prevent the most famous error of Sims 3: Error 12 and also i'll maybe get a little upgrade to my RAM, from 2 GB to 4GB (Yes i know it's poor RAM for a game like Sims 3, but it will do the trick) to make it better and prevent Error 12 even more, so my question is: After i format my disk and install the new one 64bit W7, how can i make the game run in the new OS without installing it from 0? i mean i'm really lazy to install all the EPs and the SP again (I have all EPs and like 2 - 3 SPs) so i just want to install the new OS, install the basic software and things and then play like nothing happened.

By the way, is there any software to edit my town? i mean i want to edit Island Paradise town and add bigger empty lots to add Supernatural and Show Time lots.

Thanks for reading and hope i get a helpful answer :D

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: How to fix "Please resintall base game" ?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Xion. :)

I'm moving this to Technical Help, where the question fits better and where you'll hopefully have a better chance of finding an answer.

Though for your second question, you should be able to add bigger lots using the World Editor in Edit Town. I'm not too familiar with Isla Paradiso, so it may not have the room/routable space for bigger lots.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Xion

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:26:25 PM »
Thanks for the answer, and yeh i know i can edit lots and their size in "Edit Town" but i want to add custom sized lots and change their directions, because sometimes when i delete a lot and want to place a bigger one i can't bacause it's either bigger than the terrain available or the base game directions doesn't let me add it because the terrain has a different direction.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:33:18 PM »
The only world editing program I know of is CAW (create a world). I know there is a Sunset Valley Light there that you can work with. But I don't know how to fix your first problem.

Also, a lot of the earlier towns do not have room for all the expansions. Custom towns and towns from the sims 3 store usually have more room for additional lots.

Offline Xion

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »
The only world editing program I know of is CAW (create a world). I know there is a Sunset Valley Light there that you can work with. But I don't know how to fix your first problem.

Also, a lot of the earlier towns do not have room for all the expansions. Custom towns and towns from the sims 3 store usually have more room for additional lots.

Can you tell me a custom town with all the EPs buildings then? i always play in Isla Paradiso because the resorts.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 06:24:19 PM »
Sorry, I don't use custom towns at all. But there are a lot at the exchange and I know these blogs have a good reputation: http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.se/ & http://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Worlds.html

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 11:05:14 PM »
Hi Xion,

If I understand your question correctly, your asking if after installing Win7 64bit, will I have to install Sims 3 from scratch.

Yes, it will need to be reinstalled and updated from scratch, as you've installed a new OS on your computer.

If you want to create custom sized lots you could look into a mod called Add Any Size Lot from Velocitygrass. I've used it before and has come in very handy. However the biggest sized lot that is allowable in-game is 64x64.

For the Please Reinstall Base Game Error, Brappl gives a suggestion on a possible fix. And also another suggested fix is a Factory Reset. Link for that is further down in the same thread.

Topic: Please reinstall base game   
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=16824.0

Just in case you need help with the Error 12 message -
Save Errors (Error 12, 13, or 16)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything