Author Topic: My drop down menus disappear?!  (Read 4982 times)

Offline angel.harris64

• Nooboo
My drop down menus disappear?!
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:16:38 PM »
Every time there is a drop down menu (like party type or changing a lot type) I click for the menu to come down but it will stay for a split second then immediately disappear. I don't play with CC or mods and I have every expansion but Into the Future. How do I fix this? :(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My drop down menus disappear?!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:48:45 PM »
Hi Angel,

Thank you for explaining a little bit about the problem. After doing a search on it, I found this -

Drop down menus not working
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/drop-down-menus-in-sims3-island-paradise-not-working/td-p/1248908

It gives the suggestion of unplugging some/all of your USB devices except your mouse and keyboard. If the issue is gone, then plug each device back in one at a time to test and to see if the problem returns. If the problem returns then check the last device you plugged in.

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline angel.harris64

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »
I have nothing plugged in though. I am also using a laptop with vista.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 11:03:25 PM »
Hmm.. Have you tried the second suggested tip on the page?

If you have a Dell or Alienware laptop, this is already a known issue and the solution there is to remove the battery, press down the power button for 15 seconds, and then put the battery back in. He suggests if you have such to try this solution first.

I'm still searching for other tips, just in case.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 11:25:24 PM »
Wow!! I am just not finding much on this problem. I asked Hubby about it too. He's stumped, as we've never run into it ourselves.

The only other suggestion I've found is: A poster suggested trying a different keyboard and/or mouse. That worked for them. So that might be something worth trying, if you have an extra keyboard/mouse around the house.

Subject: Re:Drop-down menus disappear instantly. Help?
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/136195.page

I was thinking if you don't personally have a keyboard or mouse you maybe able to ask a friend/family member if you could borrow theirs?  Then you could at least rule out your laptops keyboard and mouse.

I'm sorry I wasn't of more help.

MrsFlynn

anything