Author Topic: Rain is Driving me Bonkers!  (Read 7129 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Rain is Driving me Bonkers!
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
I bought Seasons a while ago, but I had never played through a spring. The summer hail was kind of neat and I loved the snow, but the rain in Spring has become ridiculous. It rains constantly, and it's always spooking my horses, who now won't work for me at all. Is anybody else having this problem? Please tell me that it's a glitch in an otherwise very buggy game so I know whether this is the last straw and time to make a new save game file.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Rain is Driving me Bonkers!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
Why not just turn rain off?  Sometimes it does seem like it's always raining and there is also the Climatron control unit you can use to turn rain off in game.  It varies from file to file but you don't have to keep the weather effects on if you don't want to.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
I love seeing the weather :( But I did turn it off until I get back into a season that's not quite as rainy. I've never played through Spring before (as I said) so I had no idea it could be so bad. It's been keeping the horses from sleeping.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »
What I used to do was lock the horses in the barn during a storm so they weren't running around so spooked.  One cool thing is you get a new interaction with the horse, "Calm down."  You can also turn on the testingcheatsenabled then shift click the grass on your lot.  Choose "Seasons..." and then "Change weather to..." and pick sunshine.  It won't change immediately but the rain will tapper off and then be gone.

Offline iariley15

• Nooboo
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »
It drives me crazy too. My horses get spooked and my sim family cannot have fun outside

Using Tapatalk

Offline LucyVP86

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 04:25:34 AM »
I don't like the rain or snow.  They cause some serious lagging issues with my game and plus they are just annoying with all the negative moodlets  :(.  The rain causes the most issues.  I completely turn of rain and do the ground shift click method when I get sick of the snow.