Author Topic: Sim can't leave house without being accused of cheating  (Read 7715 times)

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
Sim can't leave house without being accused of cheating
« on: November 28, 2013, 04:07:05 PM »
I decided to make my Sim a Romantic Interest to 11 other Sims in Starlight Shores, and got her pregnant by one of them. For the first couple of days it wasn't an issue, but once she realised she was pregnant, one of her Romantic Interests accused her of cheating at the Salon, even though most of the flirting had been done at her house and she didn't have a job. After that, whenever she was in public, her lovers kept trying to accuse her of cheating, even at parties she'd been invited to. She'd had the Natasha reputation before the repeated accusations, so I had to stop her from being a dirtbag by using the resetsim cheat whenever her lovers accused her. By the way, she isn't even a celebrity.

Is this some glitch with the reputation system?
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim can't leave house without being accused of cheating
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:43:10 PM »
I'm afraid I don't have an answer to this, but I'm going to move this thread to the Miscellaneous Help section and hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »
I'm making a wild guess here but it could be two reasons.  One is the RI she has with the 11 sims.  If each one sees her as their girlfriend, then I think it would be seen as cheating if she had other ones.

The other is a glitch.  I had a sim who left home to go to the store and came home to an accusation of cheating.  It showed in his relationship panel that he was the RI of another sim.
I had him go and break up with her then do a cheat to remove the negative aspect of his relationship with his wife and delete the high one with the other woman.  It has happened twice to me, I just use the cheat and fix the problem.  Give myself enough points to get the reward of clean slate (or whatever it is called). 

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 09:55:57 AM »
Well, I think it's part of the gameplay, unfortunately.
In my legacy story I messed around with a lot of different scenarios. When my heir sim met a boy who had already established a few RI (he wasn't a part of the household) and started dating everything was fine. My sim and the boy finally got married and then the second he was in sight of the two girls he supposedly had been "Romantic" with (they were RI's) even though he hadn't spoken to them in sim-weeks or interacted with Raven (my sim) around them they all walked over and slapped him and accused him of cheating.

The game seems to have included a "friend of a friend" message system. If you're Romantic with people who are friends with each other, they are more likely to find out that you're cheating. If you're romantic IN FRONT of friends of other RI they will likely tell on you that you're cheating. With 11 RI's I can only assume that this is the case with you.

I believe it's either the "game changing" decisions that cause other RI's to feel cheated on (marriage, pregnancy) or it's the "a friend saw you guys and tattled" type thing which can get around fast.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 10:47:53 AM »
The gameplay is messing up a lot in relationships and not just in friends and RI.

I was playing a game yesterday and my sim's grandmother, who lives with her and her hubby and twin girls, made a pass at her daughter.  It had the kids showing a betrayed moodlet and their mother a negative feeling.
Had in one family two sisters kissing and a two half-brothers in a RI flirting with each other.
Son-in-laws hitting on mother-in-laws, father-in-laws hitting on daughter-in-laws; all of the in-laws hitting on each other.  Flirting, cuddling, kissing.
Had one where the daughter-in-law was chatting with her father-in-law and she receives a phone call from him, asking her on a date.  He was in front of her chatting and didn't have a phone in his hand. 

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 06:04:33 PM »
I've been playing a Sim who has about six RI's, and has two children with two of them. She's always been discreet about it, but I think when you get to a certain amount of RI's, the game makes the news get around. When she was in her house with one them, getting flirty, a pop up said "News is starting to get around that something's going on. You better tone it down before someone gets hurt".  After that,  she went to the Summer festival and she got the dirtbag reputation and notifications came up that one of the RI's wasn't interested in fixing the relationship, she got the betrayed moodiet, another RI slapped her etc. I got the LTR Clean Slate, and that fixed it until she went outside again and got the cheater reputation. 
The moral of the story is you will always get caught!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 11:02:15 PM »
It is definitely messed up.  Just finished playing and my sim was at a garden picking fruit when it pops up that her son-in-law had a naughty reputation then it pops up and says that the father-in-law (her husband) has a naughty reputation. 
A betrayal moodlet pops up for the kids and when I go to check it has the father-in-law and son-in-lay flirting with each other.  The kids are all upset.  Deleted the moodlets and check but there was no RI for them or anything else that would state they were cheaters. 
I normally don't delete negative moodlets, especially when it is a project town, but in this case, this is a screw-up from the stupid relationship aspect, not from the sims themselves.
What has me really ticked off is that in the previous town both couples had the eternally faithful moodlets, but I can't see it happening after this. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.