Author Topic: Toyota Prius C sound problems  (Read 2617 times)

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
Toyota Prius C sound problems
« on: November 11, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »
I saw that ToyotaPriusC doesn't have engine sound. Is that normal ? Is it a Sims 3 Store team error? Or the explanation is the fact that it is a hybrid car?!

Here's a video that shows this problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTYCR9CT8hs

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Toyota Prius C sound problems
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
Well, in real life, the Toyota Prius is a very quiet car.  In fact, one can purchase a kit which adds 'noise' to the engine, and some areas actually passed legislation requiring it.   

So, the lack of sound isn't a bug, just reflective of the car. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:30:35 PM »
I can confirm Bri's statement, the engine only runs when the vehicle is in high speed (I believe if it exceeds 30 mph), or if the battery needs to be charging - said charging is usually done while the Prius C is actively braking or passively decelerating, thus eliminating the need to be plugged in.

For those who are used to conventional gasoline engines, the change in sound can be quite disconcerting. My roommate accidentally left the key in the ignition - and the car still on - in the garage overnight after work. We are fortunate that the engine only ran when the battery ran low, and didn't when the battery was high - the interim time was enough to not cause CO poisoning. On the flipside, though, if he had heard the engine running, it would have been an auditory reminder.

The fact that the C doesn't have an engine sound in game adds to the realism (such as it is in the Simsverse), so I approve.

Source: Obviously, I own a Prius C ;D A blue one

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 07:25:21 AM »
 Thanks for the answers and Congrats Shirin for owning a Prius C.  It's a great car !  :)

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 06:55:28 PM »
I had no idea that the car had no sound in game! >.< (I almost always play with the sound off.)

I too own a Prius. When I first got it, I thought it wasn't starting and then was stalling at lights because it goes completely silent. It's awesome to know that the Sims 3 has put that realism into the game!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

anything