Author Topic: Question about placing pictures on diagonal walls  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Avilea

• Nooboo
Question about placing pictures on diagonal walls
« on: November 18, 2013, 04:53:21 AM »
The foyer to my house has a diagonal wall next to the front door. I've been trying to place a picture on that diagonal wall, but it keeps snapping to the other side of the wall which is the outside of the house. When I click on the wall while the object box is red, it tells me Can't Place on Diagonal Wall, which totally stumps me since it snaps to place on the other side of the diagonal wall. I've tried Move Objects On to place it, but it still refuses. Does anyone know how to convince the game to put the picture on the inside of the house? Thanks!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Question about placing pictures on diagonal walls
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:34:46 AM »
Is there perhaps something blocking it on the inside? A light maybe? Have you tried placing it with the moveobjects on cheat?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Avilea

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:40:16 AM »
Yes, as I mentioned in the OP, using Move Objects On doesn't work. I've removed everything visible in front of the wall. It's just odd how it will work on one side of the wall but not the other, so clearly the error isn't pointing to the real problem, unless the game treats the outside walls differently than inside walls.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »
Have you tried deleting the wall, rebuilding it and trying again? What about any other similar walls?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 01:14:50 PM »
You mentioned the wall is next to the door. Is the door footprint itself part of the issue?

You had mentioned moveobjects on, but not in what capacity. If the door is potentially the issue, I would suggest to remove the door, place the picture where you want, then use MOO to replace the door.

At the least, if the picture still isn't snapping in place on the interior wall, you know it's not the door.

(This is from experience, diagonal walls and doors are problem children for me.)