Author Topic: My Sims go out of the house to perform social tasks  (Read 1780 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Nooboo
My Sims go out of the house to perform social tasks
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
Hello!

I noticed for some time now, that my sims go out of to the garden to perform social tasks, for example to show funny videos, while they'd have enough space for that. I even can't convince them to dance, but they danced before, and I didn't put anything else in the room since then. It starts to get annoying to wait while they go out from the second floor just to play fairy frolic, debate politics, have a kiss, etc., but when I lock the doors and then order them to do the same tasks, they can complete it, except dancing, they complain for the lack of space.

Does someone has an idea how to solve this? I didn't find anything similar.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: sims go out of the house to perform social tasks
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:09:41 PM »
I would try rearranging the furniture wherever you want them to complete the social tasks. Sometimes it starts out all well and good but the furniture gets registered weird or something. I can't quite explain it but if you move some stuff around to different areas you'd be surprised how quickly that can fix the issue. If that doesn't work I would check to see if there are any glitched objects taking up space. My Sim's kids would get Imaginary Friend dolls that were very glitched. They would take them out and put them on the floor and the Imaginary Friend doll would become invisible and glitch out the floor tile. Things like that can happen in the game, so if all else fails it might just be a minor glitch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:10:28 PM »
When you give those commands the game puts down a temporary hidden object to mark the area in which they will be doing it. Sometimes it fails to remove that object afterwards, which causes the behavior you are seeing - the game thinks that spot is still in use so they have to go elsewhere.

To remove it, you have to go into Buy mode, use 'testingcheatsenabled true" and then "buydebug". You will find what looks to be a previously invisible rug in the area (its name will be something like Social Jig) - delete that. Then turn buydebug and testingcheats back off.

Offline sabertooth

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 03:33:10 PM »
Thank you for the fast replies! I tried to use buydebug, but there where no invisible rugs (though I found out there's a gem spawner in my garden, so I added one more LOL). I try to rearrange the furniture and return with the result.
What's strange, that this behavior affects most of the rooms in the house, which has been expanded recently (growing family), and if I recall it right, I had had the problem even before the expansion.