Author Topic: Family not aging after taking Young Again potions  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Family not aging after taking Young Again potions
« on: October 16, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
I'm having a few issues with my 4x4 dynasty file. Various members of the household took Young Again potions but now everyone in the household (including those who didn't take potions) have a ageing bug where they age for one age and then stop ageing. I've tried moving them in and out the house and clearing caches but nothing has helped. Does anybody have a solution to this?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Family not ageing after taking Young Again potions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:02:59 AM »
I've not run into this particular bug just yet, but here are some ideas I can come up with:

Go to the Salon and get a makeover/tattoo, try some ambrosia or plastic surgery. See if other methods of anti-aging help refresh the age bar and get it ticking again!

Try resetting every sim it's effecting? Probably been tried but I'm just going to throw it out there.

Even though you're not allowed to yet, try a test save to see if moving them to a new town fixes the issue.
If the only thing that seems to work breaks the rules (like moving towns ahead of schedule) you can do the tedious method:
Look at how long each stage is supposed to last and keep a mark on it and age them up with a cake.

Or another plan - age them up with a cake/age of instant potion and see if that refreshes their age bar. If nothing else works, the counting method should help - though it's tedious. Let me know if you discover anything!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 07:51:39 AM »
Snuffles, that does sound like a pain. I don't have any advice to offer, but do have a question. Did they use the potion from the chemistry lab, or the one from the lifetime reward?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:51:12 AM »
Snuffles, that does sound like a pain. I don't have any advice to offer, but do have a question. Did they use the potion from the chemistry lab, or the one from the lifetime reward?

The chemistry lab. I believe somebody else has also had the same problem so maybe it's bugged?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Family not aging after taking Young Again potions
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 12:54:59 PM »
Thanks, Snuffles! I don't know if it's the chemistry lab specifically or aging in general. I had one sim ask the genie for long life. He moved from medium lifespan to normal, but so did one other family member. So I've been trying to keep track of when that family member should have birthdays. Anyway, I've occasionally had one or more sim in a family just stop aging even without using any potion or elixir.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Bobbysox

• Nooboo
Re: Family not aging after taking Young Again potions
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 06:33:18 PM »
Oooh, interesting... I'm just about to take the Lifetime Reward one for my married couple and I'll see if they stop aging afterwards. I'll let ya know.