Author Topic: Help with Writing a Story  (Read 2451 times)

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
Help with Writing a Story
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
I am considering starting a "survival" story since I made up some rules for my sim who is living alone on an island. (I for some reason like to play different challenges that I make up myself.  :P) Like I said, I am considering this as I am not sure if it would get boring or not, so yeah.

I was wondering how people made the link in table of contents where it takes it directly to the post they made for each update. It is a little hard to explain, but you can take Pam's story about Urirah (however you spell it), which is in her siggy. I was just wondering how to make the links pop up to the updates she makes.

Hopefully you guys can understand...I can't find the right words for it.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Help with Writing a Story
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
There is a link on how to insert the BBC into your posts here.  For your signature, the process is identical (only you enter it in the box on your forum profile page).

It sounds complicated, but the more you use it, the easier it gets.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 12:20:47 PM »
Thank you very much! I am actually pretty good at HTML and links as I have done it many times before. I just need the code layout to help me get started.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 08:24:48 AM »
Thank you very much! I am actually pretty good at HTML and links as I have done it many times before. I just need the code layout to help me get started.

Yes, if memories saves me, I really could imagine a few situations where you have used HTML links here and voila, there's also a link underneath your signature now. Glad you now understand the rest of it also. I had troubles with it also (before I dared to try) but it's like Hosfac's saying: the more you try it the better you get.

anything