Author Topic: My game slowing down and graphic issues  (Read 4001 times)

Offline infinite_simmer

• Nooboo
My game slowing down and graphic issues
« on: January 06, 2014, 08:19:10 PM »
Hey, So I'm having 2 huge problems with my sims 3 game.

Game Slowing Down: This problem just started, I reinstalled my game cause of some issues in the previous install and I added my cc like I usually do, but when I started the game it took about 10 minutes to get past the black starting screen, then it takes 15 minutes at the loading screen, about 2 hours when I actually load the family. When in game, its really really laggy. In Create-A-Sim, my sliders will lag, loading hair is taking 10 minutes, even loading make-up takes 5 minutes when usually it took 10 seconds. I thought maybe it's the new cc I downloaded, so I checked my sims3pack and package files with Dashboard and Custard and both seem to be fine, no corrupted files, everything is perfect.

I downloaded some non-sim related stuff, so I thought maybe that was taking up the space, I deleted them and more extra files to make more space but its still the same. I tried removing my package files and it seems to go fine with the loading screen but the lag in game is much more worse. I also tried disabling my sims3pack files but the result was same.

I have no idea what the problem is, I have a macbook pro, 2011 version. Everything used to work fine before but its getting harder to play the game now. I have a total of 1,435 Sims3pack files and I have 399 package files, 1.34 GB of package files. I deleted a lot of files so my game could run smoothly but it fails. I wanted to merge my package files, but s3pe won't download on my Mac, saying that the file is damaged.

The Second Problem I have is the graphic issue.

Graphic Issue: I always play my game on medium settings and they looked and worked fine, but now they just wont seem to work, even when I have everything on the highest settings, They seem great in Create-A-Sim but in game they are all blurry. Also the changes I make with custom sliders, don't seem to show up in game. Like i'll clearly see them working in Create-A-Sim but in game, they wont show up. I downloaded HQ mod for high quality screenshots, since I do have a simblr, the HQ mod worked fine for a while but suddenly it stopped working as well, I downloaded all HQ mods and tried with the lowest file, hoping to see any difference, but nothing. Even on the highest setting. it looks like its on the lowest and the screenshots are just worse.

I'd really appreciate if there's any help out there, I really like playing Sims 3 and I usually handle a few crashes and minor lagging but this is getting too much for me. Buying a new computer is not an option for me, since i'll have to buy all the expansion and stuff packs all over again. I don't often play the actual game but I love to create sims and house but I can't do that now with all the lagging.

My game is fully patched and updated, I also have the updated Mods, so I don't know what could be the problem.

Thank you so much.

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
Re: My game slowing down and graphic issues
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:35:28 AM »
Is it just that one file you are having the issue with or with all the files in your game?
I'm thinking your problem is probably CC related. That the game is trying to load a lot of stuff and run at the same time, and cannot do both effectively.
Did you try playing the game at all when you removed your MODS folder? Was there a difference in play?
Do you just use CC in your game, or do you have any mods at all? I'm wondering if you are using NRAAS Overwatch. I found -personally- that when my game got sluggish that helped. It cleaned up all the left-behind and forgotten cars, reset all the stuck sims, and turned off all the radios/TVs those lazy sims left on.

I'm also assuming you are running with the Generations expansion, and memories might be bogging you down as well, the game doesn't just save the memories of your active family; as far as I know anyway. So, I suggest getting a mod like NRAAS MasterController, to delete all the memories in the game. Do not add anything else, no shiny hair, or patterns or anything. Just to let the program do its job and find out if a "cleansing" of your town will help it run better. Make a copy of your town, purge it with the two mods I have suggested, save it and then try to play it without them and see what happens. If that 'disable memories' setting is working now, enable it. Then, quit the game and return your regular MODS back into it, boot the game file back up and see if the problem persists.
I don't know if you've attempted the advice in this article here: The Sims 3 Technical Help - Slow Game, and also this one here. Which says a lot of what I was going to suggest anyway, but with less words.

I don't know anything about HQ mod, sorry. Maybe it's conflicting with another piece of CC in your game that you added recently? Or perhaps you need to delete it entirely, and re-download the newest version. Perhaps it's a problem with the file itself? Maybe your CC/MODS/PACKAGE checker program needs an update as well?

Another thing that occurred to me, is your save file size. I know that the bigger the file size gets, the worse it gets when it comes time to load the monster up. If you've picked over everything I linked before this might be another thing to try.

I hope my 0.02$ was helpful, or at the very least not a complete waste of your time to read.  :-X

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything