Author Topic: School Related Glitch  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
School Related Glitch
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:15:22 PM »
So I send my kids to school. The only problem is, only the first three options show up, and if there's homework that hasn't been done, the "late homework" option too. I have been playing in Monte Vista [LOVE that town!].

Reset all objects from Nraas helps [I'd rather not use that now because I have an IF that I'm in the process of turning Real], but only for a few in-game days, or until I quit and restart the file.

I have the following mods:
MasterController [Cheats, and StorProgression submods too]
StoryProgression [Plus the fairies/werewolves/vampires submod. And the townies HAVE been procreating]
NoCD
Overwatch/ErrorTrap
Woohooer

Help?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: School Related Glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:38:07 AM »
Are you saying that some of the options while the child is in school are missing?  Which ones are showing up and what is actually missing?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
School Related Glitch
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:52:28 AM »
I am missing Meet New Friends and Talk to Friends from time to time. I haven't figured out what is causing it because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:28:28 AM »
I have the same issue in Appaloosa Plains but I haven't checked it in several days and I know there were children in the town.  I have MC, Overwatch, Errortrap and Woohooer.  I'll check over on NRaas and see if anyone else is having this issue.

Yep, others there are reporting the issue too: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/63002086

Will see what comes of it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 09:08:34 AM »
If you guys think it's a mod issue, we need to move this thread.  I don't use mods, so I'm not clear on what the real issue is.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »
I read that post in Nraas and it isn't a mod issue. At least according to the poster.

What I think I'm going to do next time I have the game running, is replace that school with one from the same town or a different one if possible.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 04:31:37 PM »
I wonder if it could be something as simple as there aren't any kids to meet or talk to. That would be the easiest reason why you can't use those tones. It's rare but it does happen.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
Sometimes I get those options, sometimes I don't.  I have noticed that I don't get them, more often than I do get them.  I do think, like Pam said, that maybe there is no children to meet or talk to.  I haven't had a chance to do this, but when it is time for school, go to the school and see how many kids go in the door.  Plus, if you don't get those options, we know there are kids in SV, just go into a game you know has kids and see if those options are there.   :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 08:41:07 PM »
Alternatively,

Make a copy of your current game, or play your current game without saving.  Play that game and use edit town to add a couple of the bin families to the town. (The ones with school aged children.)  Play your game for a couple of sim school days and see if these children turn up in school and if you child gets the options to interact with them.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »
I know for a fact that the town has kids. I've seen more than a few townie spawn [non-NPC] children and teenagers around town.

Part of me thinks it might have something to do with the bus, but I'll have to check tomorrow.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 02:12:45 AM »
Ok, so your town definitely has kids, so, it is sounding as though your town, or that particular game file is glitched.

Factory Reset frequently clears glitches and would be worth a try.  It does not take long, and would be my first port of call in this situation.

You could try starting another game in the same town to see if that game has the same problem.  You could also try demolishing the school and replacing it.  Otherwise, I'm sorry, but I can't think of another way to fix this.  Other more knowledgeable players may be able to help more though.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse