Author Topic: Self-employment  (Read 14638 times)

Dellena

Re: Self-employment
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 09:07:39 AM »
For the standard self-employment options to show up at City Hall, your sim MUST have at least 1 point in the relevant skill.  I.E. a point in painting for Painter, a point in gardening for Gardener, you get the picture.  Otherwise, nothing will show up.  This isn't counting NRaas's Careers mod.

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 09:46:14 AM »
Morning  Darstan64.
Same place over to the side and on Origin also. I imagine they are getting ready for sims 4 as sims 2 is d/c by them

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 10:26:05 AM »
Thanks Dellena for that info?  What "skill" would I need for the homemaker career then?  I'm assuming the obvious like handiness, cooking, etc.

Thank you!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »
I am 99.9 percent positive that she was at least third level before I sent her to be self-employed.  I will check with another game, I don't remember having them not skilled up to no less than three before I send my sim to City Hall, generally at level five or higher. 

But I will check a couple of other games and see what happens, pretty sure it happened in more than one game though so it couldn't have been a glitch.  This was after the last patch.

Dellena

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
Thanks Dellena for that info?  What "skill" would I need for the homemaker career then?  I'm assuming the obvious like handiness, cooking, etc.

Thank you!

As far as I'm aware, there's no skill needed to trigger the Homemaker self employment as long as you have both the Careers mod and the Homemaker module that goes with it.  There's an FAQ listed on the Homemaker NRaas page that explains more on how you're paid.  You might want to check that out.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »
I guess I didn't say it right.  I HAVE been able to sign up at the City Hall for self employment as an alchemist and I don't have nor even had Ambitions.  As to whether or not I had to have one level before I could apply for self-employ, that I don't know. 
What I am saying is that having the game of Ambitions isn't always required for self-employment.

I am getting the option of self-employment for lifeguard due to having IP.   Even though I don't have Ambitions. 
There are some careers that are self-employed and need Ambitions, but I just think to imply that you can have no self-employed career without having Ambitions is inaccurate.
It has been since the patch that I have not been able to do the self-employment of Alchemist.

Dellena

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
I was able to do self employed Alchemist after IP.  So not sure what's going on.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 01:24:48 PM »
I wasn't either, but now that I have ambitions, I'm a happy writer, self-employed----finally.