Author Topic: My Sim is lost and cant go home! (University)  (Read 4184 times)

Offline Foxx

• Nooboo
My Sim is lost and cant go home! (University)
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:25:57 AM »
Hi Simmers,
I was playing The Sims 3 University and I just finished my term, and my Sim was heading home. No one else was though, mind you, a roommate of mine died pretty much just as it was time to go home, so everyone was standing around waiting for the grim reaper (the roommate got stuck behind a couch and starved to death! I would of reset him but... I didn't really like him anyway.) He got his luggage and when to the street where a taxi picked him up. As soon as he got in, the notice about 'time to go home!' popped up. Then my Sim got out of the taxi and just stood there. I waited for a bit but he did nothing, and I clicked the 'go home' arrow on the side of the Sim's panel. So he rode his bicycle to a random lot and just stood there, and I clicked, 'go home' again. He went to another random lot and stood there. This went on for a while and I decided to keep my Sim in town a bit longer. I did sign him up for two terms, anyway. But when another one of my Sims went to university, his mother, she was signed up for two terms and went home on the second Saturday. I did exactly the same with Gabriel (my Sim who's having the problem) and he is acting different. I decided to use the 'resetSim' code and he just disappeared! Not like when aliens abduct you and you can't see your Sim but you it's there, but this was like the panel was blank and it was like I had no Sims! I know this isn't supposed to happen... has this happened to anyone before? Do you have any ideas of what I can do? I love this Sim! I can always reload the game and he should be fine, but I thought I might just ask.
Thankyou,
Foxx
Where words fail, music speaks.
~Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
Re: My Sim is lost and cant go home! (University)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:49 AM »
Travel to and from the University world seems to have a relatively high chance of bugs, just like the one you described.  I've seen reports of sims not going home, of sims being invisible when they arrive at university, of sims not even showing up at university (the game looks and acts as if you've just started playing a new game in the university world), etc.

Personally I always try to make three never to be saved over saves when using university - one right before sending a sim to uni, one right before sending a sim home from uni, and one a few hours before the graduation ceremony.  That way I most likely can fix it if my sim can't get into the stadium to get his diploma, I can try sending him home several times, and if it seems his current university trip is totally bugged I can always reload before he went there and try the whole thing again!

Hopefully restarting the game and reloading the save before he has to travel home fixes it.  Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.