Author Topic: A second mailbox appeared on my lot!  (Read 2012 times)

Offline gamer69real

• Nooboo
A second mailbox appeared on my lot!
« on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:50 AM »
I don't want to delete it because I heard that deleting your mailbox can mess up your game, even though there is another one! What do I do?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: A second mailbox appeared on my lot!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure it only messes up your game if you try to play your game without a mailbox. Are they two different kinds of mailboxes? Some towns have their own mailboxes, so if you're playing in one of those towns, delete the one that is not standard for your town. (Can I say town enough?) If they're the same, just save before you delete anything and then see if everything goes okay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gamer69real

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 03:29:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure it only messes up your game if you try to play your game without a mailbox. Are they two different kinds of mailboxes? Some towns have their own mailboxes, so if you're playing in one of those towns, delete the one that is not standard for your town. (Can I say town enough?) If they're the same, just save before you delete anything and then see if everything goes okay.

They're the exact same mailbox, and I am playing in Sunset Valley. Okay, I'll try the saving and deleting.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 01:31:58 PM »
I don't want to delete it because I heard that deleting your mailbox can mess up your game, even though there is another one! What do I do?

This was before the patch that came around the time of Lucky Palms, when you deleted the mailbox there was no replacement. However now most mailboxes are available in buydebug so you can replace them without issues I am fairly sure. Deleting should be fine for your game. Might be an idea to make a back-up save as before you do though just to make sure.  :)

As this is a game-play issue rather than a technical issue I'm moving this thread to the Miscellaneous Help Board.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]