Author Topic: No Salary  (Read 2456 times)

Offline athena

• Occult
No Salary
« on: July 04, 2013, 03:09:31 AM »
Hi My Level 9 Acting career Sim moved to another town and into a new house with her family. It's a Sunset Valley copy, so I had to delete the stadium and put there the Plumbomb Pictures building (I think that is the name of it where all actors work).  Anyway, the Sim actress continued her work there in the new town. I noticed that after work, the family funds did not change, but she's not receiving any salary!  But she goes to work every work day, in a limo in fact and opportunities arise for which she gets some money.  What do I need to do so she gets her salary back? What's wrong?  Thanks for your help!  :)

Dellena

Re: No Salary
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 04:13:05 AM »
You could try having her quit her job.  Then take the career again.  Let her work a day and see if she gets paid.  If so, then use the mailbox cheat to put her back at her previous level in the career.  If she doesn't get paid, not sure what could be causing that if the above doesn't work.  If she doesn't get paid on the first day, you could have her quit and try another career to see if it's just the acting one.  Would narrow it down.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:03:48 AM »
Slightly off topic, but, is there anything special that needs to be done with the mailbox cheat?  My sim had three days at work without any movement in the work bar.  Feeling a little cheated. I thought I might give her her "lost" promotion using the mailbox cheat, but, her grade did not change.  I tried several times.   :(   The bar started again after I had exited and reloaded my game, so she will max her career as usual, if a few days late.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:09:24 PM »
In order to give yourself a promotion in the same career, you have to choose a different career or be unemployed first.  So the mailbox cheat will only work if you make yourself something else first.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 01:10:39 AM »
Pardon me guys, but what about my question?  Is there any other way to get my Sim to have her salary back on track outside of having her quit her job and re-apply? Level 9 is a bit too far off , it would be a pain to let her start all over again. And the paltry entry level salary in the career track won't pay for her acquired opulent lifestyle as a lead actress. This is my dilemma.  Any other good ideas, pls let me know. Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 01:34:22 AM »
First suggestion to try would be the one given which is to quit and try again.  When you quit at level 9, you should rejoin the career as level 4 but at least you'll know if it's the Sim or the building.  It's after that information that we can offer further assistance.

If you start over at a lower level and find out you can earn money that way, then you can use the cheat as explained above to put yourself back at the level you feel your Sim needs to be.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 05:11:29 AM »
OK I got it. I don't mind her starting at Level 4. I always thought all starts at Level 1. Is that a cheat? How to start at Level 4? I'm clueless, Pls instruct... Thanks! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 05:13:00 AM »
OK I got it. I don't mind her starting at Level 4. I always thought all starts at Level 1. Is that a cheat? How to start at Level 4? I'm clueless, Pls instruct... Thanks! :)

Quitting a career and rejoining it will reset your Sim to approximately half of their Job Level. So for instance, if your Sim was a Level 10 Journalist, quitting and rejoining would put him at about Level 5.