Author Topic: Can I Marry a French Child?  (Read 8880 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Can I Marry a French Child?
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:34:15 PM »
One of my child sims is best friend with Alain Lefebvre, and I'd like them to start dating when they get older.
Problem is, will he age? I'm on, like, week 18 now, and none of the french townies have aged! Although this is the first time I've been to France in that save game, so maybe they only start aging once you go there. :-\
When I tried aging him up with cheats, it said "This Sims Does Not Age".
Help?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Can I Marry a French Child?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:37:22 PM »
Have you tried inviting him as a foreign visitor and using the birthday cake?  If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to suggest.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:51:58 PM »
After you travel to a WA location the first time it kind of pushes the start button for that location. Sims living in France, for example, don't seem to age while your Sim is there on vacation (at least I never seen it happen) but after your Sim goes home Sims in France do age. They seem to age faster than the the Sims in your Sim's hometown. There's a bug with the relationship panel though, where WA Sims don't look older even if they have aged up. Their pictures only get updated the next time your Sim sees them. Advice: don't wait for his picture to look like he has become a YA to invite him over! In my Dynasty I sent a child Sim to France (with adults obviously) and she met all the children and teens there. When she aged up into a teen I had her invite her French friends over and they were all adults now! Even the ones that were children while she was in France and "should" be teens like her. Most likely, when you invite the guy from France to visit, he will be an adult and you will need an adult in your household to ask him to move in (if your Sim is a teen).

I've never had a problem with the WA Sims not aging, my problem has always been that they age too fast!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 02:11:27 AM »
I agree with lilygirl.  Foreign Sims do age what seems to be a faster rate.  If you go back to France, you'll likely find the child has grown.

I've been away for a few days.  Did you get your vacation home, Simstar?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 02:12:12 AM »
Nope. They're in France right now, and there's no option to buy one. :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 02:28:10 AM »
I don't mean to drag this off topic, but really? That sucks Simstar. I'm assuming your Visa Level 3 Sim is the one calling the real estate on her/his cell phone? I wonder if you bought her/him a laptop if it might have the option listed under vacation homes.

Anyway, sorry.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 02:30:18 AM »
Simstar,

Would you please link your vacation home thread here?  That way we can discuss it without being off topic.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 02:32:58 AM »
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 05:01:27 AM »
All that Lily said is right. Foreign Sims age when you are at home, because no one ages while on vacation. There have been quite a few problems that a foreign Sim connected to an adventure died while the adventurer Sim was at home and the player had to cancel the quest.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa