Author Topic: Can't place Sims in Edit Town  (Read 8187 times)

Offline Mundayk

• Nooboo
Can't place Sims in Edit Town
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:03:08 AM »
Don't know if this is a expansion problem but ever since I installed Island Paradise I can't place Sims in my houses in Edit Mode, even some of my houses won't go down either. I get the option to "buy house" for the Sim the first time I try but then nothing happens. I've tried on 3 different worlds, Isla Paradise, Sunlit Tides and even went back to Riverdale (or whatever that worlds called) it just will not let me.

I also tried to just Move Family In but that didn't work either, anyone know how to fix the glitch?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't place Sims in Edit Town
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 06:11:21 AM »
Don't know if this is a expansion problem but ever since I installed Island Paradise I can't place Sims in my houses in Edit Mode, even some of my houses won't go down either. I get the option to "buy house" for the Sim the first time I try but then nothing happens. I've tried on 3 different worlds, Isla Paradise, Sunlit Tides and even went back to Riverdale (or whatever that worlds called) it just will not let me.

I also tried to just Move Family In but that didn't work either, anyone know how to fix the glitch?

I'm moving this to Misc Help, hopefully someone will be able to help you there. :) The only solution I can see however is a reinstall but clearing caches may help.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Can't place Sims in Edit Town
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 08:17:55 AM »
Mundayk,

This looks like the same problem I have just had.

Try doing a factory reset, it may well put it right. 

If the factory reset does not fix the problem, then (compliments to Ricalynn), make a link to bypass the launcher:

Computer > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts (Origin if you only download) > The Sims 3 Island Paradise > Game > Bin and then I just make a shortcut to the TS3EP10.exe file.

Use the link to start your game.  Do not connect to the internet when prompted.  Place your family and start playing.  Pause game and use "Options" to connect if you wish to do so.

You will only need to use the bypass when you want to start a new family.  Though, it can be used ata ny time if you wish.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

anything