Author Topic: Overwatch mod  (Read 95259 times)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
Re: Overwatch mod
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 04:04:50 AM »
Ok I'll try that, I did notice it said about cars & a TV turned off & something about certain sims. So maybe if I play a household with missing sims for a few sim days it'll help. If it doesn't I think you're right & they're gone for forever, shame.

Many many thanks for all your help & time you've spent on this with.

Happy Sim'ing :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »
Well, I will have to disagree on the inactive babies do not have babysitters.  There has been a number of times, that I have changed households and went to a house with youngsters and there was a babysitter there.  I assumed, that the game, no matter what sim your playing, will not leave babies and toddlers unattended.  Anyway, that is my game.  I do have overwatch also and I know that I cannot play without it anymore.  When I finished my dynasty, I had to remove my mods and I couldn't wait to put them back in when I was finished, lol.

I do know I have tried to recover sims too and sometimes it works, but more often than not, it doesn't work. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 02:08:02 PM »
You have to "sneak up" on the inactives, that only works if you're using a mod like the NRaas HomeOpener, or use the Master Controller "Open" action on a lot, so that you more or less put the camera on them unexpectedly. If you switch active households they "see you coming". :-)

I can't argue with OverWatch being a game saver. In fact, OverWatch and ErrorTrap together are great at staving off problems in the game, that combo has allowed me to play 150+ Sim weeks in one game.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 07:08:39 AM »
If I get a new expansion kit will I have to re-install the Overwatch mod?

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 07:22:03 AM »
No, but you WILL have to update it if you install a patch. The mod is depending on your patch level (the latest, for University, is 1.50) and when EA releases a new patch, you'll have to update the mod when you install that.

It may be that new versions of the mod are released in-between, usually those are bugfixes and additional features, so it is recommended to keep it up to date in those cases as well. However, the mod is pretty "mature".

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2013, 06:07:53 PM »
How do I update it & how will I know it needs to be done?

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 03:36:12 AM »
When a new version comes out, you can just download it and install it instead of the old one. You can check the NRaas Wiki (http://nraas.wikispaces.com) to see if there is a new version.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.