Author Topic: Mod: MasterController ...trying to change relationships  (Read 14264 times)

Offline javonne87

• Nooboo
Mod: MasterController ...trying to change relationships
« on: April 04, 2013, 02:41:57 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I've just downloaded four mods; MasterController, ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and RelationshipPanel. Today, my game unfortunately got hit with the "green box bug." I have Lawrence (Father), Autumn (Mother), Olivia (Daughter), Lawrence Jr. (Son), Hannah (Daughter), and Lonnie (Son). Everyone was in the bed sleeping when all of a sudden, Lawrence and Lawrence Jr.'s faces disappeared, leaving only blank boxes. I couldn't click on them for anything nor have any of the other Sims interact with them. So finally, after much trial and error, I just moved Lawrence and Lawrence Jr. into their own house, copied them to the bin, and deleted the originals.

I then moved the copies back into the house. I figured, I'd be satisfied with Lawrence remarrying Autumn and being the step-father and Lawrence Jr. the step-brother. However, no matter HOW MANY times I made Lawrence and Autumn kiss, whoohoo, etc., I would not get the option to make them boyfriend and girlfriend. They were clearly Romantic Interests, but I couldn't get any further. So, thus all the mods. I'm now just trying to figure out HOW to use the mods. Again, after much trial and error, I figured out how to make Lawrence and Autumn husband and wife using MC. The odd thing is tho...is that Lawrence Jr. shows up has the "half-brother" as opposed to the "step-brother" to the rest of the children. And then, when I view Lawrence Jr.'s family tree, I see everyone, but if I view Autumn's, he's not on it. Neither is he on the other children's family tree.

Long story short... is there a limit to the type of relationship you can have? I'm trying to make all the children full brothers and sisters. Is that possible???

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mod: MasterController ...trying to change relationships
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:55:27 AM »
MasterController lets you change the relationship between the Sims, but you cannot set Sims to be siblings directly. You can assign two Sims to have the exact same parents, and that should result in them being true siblings.

If that doesn't work, you might get the best answer if you post your question here: https://www.nraas.net/community/mastercontroller-discussion as there are several people participating in the site who have done a lot of work with family trees.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline javonne87

• Nooboo
Re: Mod: MasterController ...trying to change relationships
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
Ok, thanks a lot!