Author Topic: How to Change Celebrity Level?  (Read 20124 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
How to Change Celebrity Level?
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:18:42 AM »
I have a family who I really don't want to be celebrities anymore. Does anyone know a reliable mod to do this?
Formerly Simstar3

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: How to Change Celebrity Level?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 02:27:13 AM »
MasterController, possibly with the Cheats module installed. All I know is, with WrittenWord, Overwatch, and MasterController (and the Cheats module) - I can do it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 04:14:09 AM »
Master Controller on it's own doesn't do this, so it likely requires the Cheats module, too.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:43:18 AM »
I set my Story Progression so that townies cannot get celebrity points. Seemed everyone was suddenly a celebrity.

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Re: How to Change Celebrity Level?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »
I have a family who I really don't want to be celebrities anymore. Does anyone know a reliable mod to do this?

Yes, MasterController with the Cheats module installed. It's "Celebrity Status" in the Intermediate menu.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »
There's a mod on ModTheSims here  that changes how many celebrity points you need to get a level.  It's helped me to keep everyone from being a Celebrity.

It doesn't change existing Sims, though.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 10:00:21 PM »
Twallan has a mod that can make everyone "0" celebrity level, and then somewhere else it actually turns it off (so no celebrities at all), The paparazzi still wander around, but with no celebrities they are way less creepy.  I usually set it to that, I hate having to 'impress' celebrities before talking to them.

(I think Master Controller turns it to "0" and Story Progression can turn it off completely, at least that's how I do it.)

:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 06:01:29 AM »
You can turn the paparazzi off too if you have Twallan's Register mod. ;D

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 07:28:17 AM »
The existence of these mods (Register to remove stalkers, and the others to control celebrity status and vampires) is actually pretty much the only reason why I did order Late Night. I was too worried those features would annoy me and back otherwise. Big thumbs up.

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Re: How to Change Celebrity Level?
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 10:47:30 AM »
The existence of these mods (Register to remove stalkers, and the others to control celebrity status and vampires) is actually pretty much the only reason why I did order Late Night. I was too worried those features would annoy me to hell and back otherwise. Big thumbs up.

Me too. I especially hate vampires (no offense to anyone who likes them! :)) so I was ecstatic to find out that StoryProgression kept them from spawning. :)

___
Posted using Tapatalk for Android

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »
I love Bridgeport, but too many celebs. Some don't even deserve the stars since they know fewere celebs than my sim. So, I tweaked with Master Controller and Story Progression so my Rock Star will be number one.

Offline Ayrissa

• Nooboo
    • Ayrissa's Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
You can also just use testingcheatsenabled true without any mods.  I learned of this from my nephew. He doesn't have any mods installed.  (Just in case any one else sees this and wonders)

anything