Author Topic: Consignment Store Question  (Read 2146 times)

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
Consignment Store Question
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:02:46 AM »
I've consigned around 400 items of harvestables to the consignment store but they never got sold. The screen says that the items have been there for 5 days. I wanted to sell some paintings so I consigned them without cancelling the unsold items. The paintings also did not sell. Am I supposed to cancel all my unsold consignments and then re-consign the paintings again so they could be sold? Thanks a lot.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Consignment Store Question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:34:53 AM »
Yes, you have to remove all unsold items from the store before you will be able to sell again. 

I would suggest that you remove everything, including the paintings.  Sometimes there are problems with the consignment store if you have allowed items to go unsold.  I would suggest, after removing the items you take the sim home, sell the unsold produce to the grocery store and the paintings direct from your inventory.  Allow 24 sim hours to elapse then save and exit your game.  Close the game and reload. 

Hopefully when you next try to consign items the store will accept them.  Watch for the consignment store message when you close the consignment screen.  It should say something like "Thanks for consigning your items.  I will let you know if anyone buys them".  If you get the other message "Customers are getting bored with your items," you probably won't ever be able to sell anything through the consignment store using that particular sim.  In future, try to keep an eye on your consignment items and remove any which are down to two days to ensure that you don't get the negative message.  Never reconsign items which you have removed.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
Re: Consignment Store Question
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 01:40:29 AM »
Thanks. I guess there is really no other way around it, though it will take sometime. Not reconsigning the items that have gone unsold is also a new piece of information for me. When items have gone unsold for 5 days or more, I usually cancel the consignments and resell them again. It works for the paintings (they sell at the usual double amount) but I don't know if it works with harvestables. I also haven't gotten the "bored" message yet.