Author Topic: Dashboard vs Custard?  (Read 5427 times)

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
Dashboard vs Custard?
« on: February 03, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »
I really need to check my downloads as I have started having a "saving" problem.

I have read about both Dashboard and Custard = both have very good ratings but I can't figure out the REAL difference between the two??? Which is the best way to clean up and check my downloads. It is the CC not the mods as I only have one mod and have had it for ages. So my problem is either caused by the latest patch OR bad CC. I need to figure out which one it is before I can feel secure in saving.

I have been using the 'Save as' and it does seem to work - but it is a pain if I want to 'save and quit' as a faster way to leave the game.

Thanks for any and all feedback!
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Dashboard vs Custard?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 10:19:07 AM »
Dashboard scans packages, Custard scans Sims3Packs. That's the simplest way to differentiate them.

I think you can only analyze one Sims3Pack at a time with Custard, but I'm not a huge Sims3Pack user. Dashboard scans your entire mods folder or a subfolder of it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
Thanks Trip! Sounds like Custard is what I need then. I do believe the problem is either the latest patch OR CC - not mods as I said above.

I will give that a go and thanks again for the info!
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Offline Sojourner

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »
Actually Custard doesn't seem to be much use for the sort of things I rely on from Dashboard.  It will only scan one sims3pack file at a time and it's developer specifically states it is not for finding "bad" content for downloaders, it's for developers to use to make sure there's nothing in their sims3pack files that shouldn't be there before they upload them for others.

I have both but have yet to find Custard to be much help in identifying "bad" packages simply because having to run it on only one file at a time makes it too much burden to use that way.