Author Topic: Travelling With Pets  (Read 9618 times)

doriankelley

Travelling With Pets
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »
I do not yet own Pets, so if the answers to these questions are otherwise obvious then please forgive me.

Can horses be taken abroad, or is my aesthetic for romanticism getting in the way of my better judgement?

If they can join in on a sim's travels, what are the practical aspects? I can imagine they will not and shouldn't enter tombs (otherwise I shall name them Laura Hayloft), and there may be difficulties fulfilling their needs (but surely foreign worlds could easily be edited to accommodate this?), but their haste and companionship would be a plus.

If not, how are pets cared for at home while a sim is away, is there a petsitter sort of arrangement available?

What of dogs and cats; I am sure their hunting skills would prove invaluable and that they could atleast partially navigate tombs.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Travelling With Pets
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »
Welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, no pets can be taken on vacation.  You can get minor pets abroad but none of the major ones are allowed to travel.  Since travel actually freezes time, the game says that there is a petsitter coming to stay but really your Sim isn't gone from it's homeworld for more than a few minutes no matter how long they are in China, Egypt or France. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

doriankelley

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »
Time freeze did cross my mind, but I assumed I would have to shell out for a petsitter anyway for realism's sake (then again, that may be a very poor assessment of the Sims, ha).

Are there any safe, reliable mods to remedy this situation?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »
Not that I'm aware of but someone may come around very soon to tell you about them if they are available.

Unlike when you get a babysitter, a petsitter doesn't actually have to be paid for.  At least, I haven't had to pay for anyone to do it yet.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 02:51:06 AM »
Twallan's mod Traveler has an option to remove travel restrictions, which includes pets. I haven't used this myself yet, but I intend to take a horse on a vacation eventually, too. Needs are covered by grassy terrain to graze on and ponds to drink from.

Kitty

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »
Resurrecting this in the vain hope someone will see it.

In foreign worlds, I often see dig holes for dogs. Am I hallucinating or is there a way to dig them up without a dog?

Thanks

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:34:49 AM »
Resurrecting this in the vain hope someone will see it.

In foreign worlds, I often see dig holes for dogs. Am I hallucinating or is there a way to dig them up without a dog?

Thanks

You're not hallucinating but it's just because the spawners for China/Egypt/France are covered under the possibility of a spawner becoming a dig spot.  They aren't excluded so it can happen with no way to get that particular item until it despawns.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Kitty

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
Okay, that explains it. It always used to baffle me but thanks to you - I understand.

Have a great day/evening!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
I use Twllan's traveller, and my sim adopted a unicorn from France and brought it home to mate with the unicorn she already owned.
Also, with this mod, you can travel when pregnant, you can take your infant or toddler. My sim bought a vacation home and took her toddler. While she was out tomb raiding, a babysitter took care of the kid.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 12:26:53 AM »
I use Twllan's traveller, and my sim adopted a unicorn from France and brought it home to mate with the unicorn she already owned.
Also, with this mod, you can travel when pregnant, you can take your infant or toddler. My sim bought a vacation home and took her toddler. While she was out tomb raiding, a babysitter took care of the kid.

That mod seems useful. I could see myself using that.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »

Please remember that discussion of mods needs to be limited to the specific board for it.  We don't suggest people use them for no reason because of the risks involved.  This applies to all topics on the Forum that are outside the Game Modifications board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything