Author Topic: Seasons Effects  (Read 2804 times)

Offline MulMizu

• Nooboo
Seasons Effects
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:02:07 PM »
First off, hello to everyone here.  I'm new and came to this forum looking for some help/information.

I got Seasons when it first came out and have been madly in love with it.  But some people are talking about seeing things in their games that I've not seen at all.  My windows don't frost up in Winter, I can't see water effects on pools or oceans or anything when it rains (puddles are the exception here).  The foliage in my game does the same slow drifting back and forth that it's always done and does not change when it's windy.  At all.  Flags do not wave, nothing indicates wind is blowing beyond the sound effects.

I will get the water splashing up when a car drives while it's raining/when a Sim walks on grass, and the water will drip off of the ends of the roof, so it's not like all effects are missing.  Just a select some that I really wish I could see.  So my question is this: is there a specific option in settings that connects to the effects of weather that I may have turned down so far, I can't see all of these things?  My texture and Sim settings are High, lighting and shadows Low, Draw Distance and Detailed Lots are on One, and everything else is on Medium.  What's going on?

EDIT: Just for further clarity, I also don't get "clouds" as much as "oh the blue sky is now grey".

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Seasons Effects
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »
Have  you experimented on the settings in your game to see if it makes a difference?  Also, depending on your graphics card, there might be settings on there you can adjust.   :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MulMizu

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:07:26 PM »
I've tried experimenting with some of the effects, but most of the time, doing that causes horrible slowdown.  My game is already choppy because I've got lots and lots of Store content. Lots and lots.
I'm more curious to know if the effects are tied to a specific option so I can mess with it and do compensation with my other settings.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »
Not sure what kind of graphics card you have or how much memory, but sometimes if it is not capable of handling the game, it can keep certain things from showing up.  I know on my old computer, when I was upstairs and looking in from the outside, no furniture would show up and my sims looked like they were sitting in the air.  I tried all of the settings and nothing.  When I got my new computer, everything started showing up.  The graphics card designates what memory goes to certain parts of the game and if your graphics card and/or memory is not high enough, it leaves out certain graphics of the game.  Right now, that is the only thing I can think of.  Maybe someone else might have an idea.  But the right graphics card is always the first thing, plus memory.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MulMizu

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »
Aaaah, alright.  I didn't realize that not having a good enough video card would actually prevent things from showing up; I'd assumed it would show up, but just look a little funny.

Thank you so much!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:03:43 PM »
I agree, it sounds like a graphics card issue.  You might consider upgrading it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything