Author Topic: Gardening on Seasons (a question)  (Read 11968 times)

Offline shandip

• The Undead
  • Nooboo
    • Another Gamers Blog
Gardening on Seasons (a question)
« on: January 01, 2013, 02:25:00 AM »
Hello Im new here and this is my first Topic
I want to ask something to you guys. I installed Seasons, and it was great. Until i found my "Tend Garden" was no longer working! My Sim (Kevin Delight) only Tends 4-5 Plants of my huge garden. Is this a glitch? Or EA don't want to make me lazy? If you have solution or something please comment or email me ;)
Oh yeah one more thing. My plants is wilting despite it's raining. Is that a glitch?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Gardening on Seasons (a question)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 03:45:43 AM »
Are you sure the plants are wilting? During the colder seasons ( Autumn and Winter) plants go dormant and can't be tended. When they go dormant, they change to look frosted.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
The rain has never watered my plants so I don't know if its a glitch or just bad luck.   When you say your Sim only tends a few plants , do the other plants say harvest even though they have nothing to harvest?  I randomly have plants that get stuck in harvest stage for no reason and the end up having to be disposed of individually and new ones planted.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sbarnes29

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
I haven't found the tending garden feature to mess up yet since i have installed Seasons, but I did have that problem prior to installation. All i did was keep commanding the sim to tend each individual plant and eventually it went back to normal. Problem i have now is that the zombies keep eating all my plants & there is never any time to re-plant due to the short seasons... I know i can change the length of the seasons but would prefer not to at this point... any suggestions anyone?

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »
Put a fence around your garden and lock the gate to all but family.

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:28:50 PM »
I build a "greenhouse" - wall the whole area, put lots of windows in.  There are 2 options for planting in the space - the cheat moveobjects on will allow you to plant inside or go into build, blow out 1 piece of wall, plant and then replace the wall.  Zombies can't go in the doors and you can do all gardening except planting (without using the two work-arounds there) while it is inside.

Offline shandip

• The Undead
  • Nooboo
    • Another Gamers Blog
Re: Re: Gardening on Seasons (a question)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 09:26:21 PM »
Yeah it was summer... Im pretty sure the plants are wilting

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CountessCrazy

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »
They have to be in a good enough mood, is that a problem? What mods do you have? Have you tried taking them out? I haven't had any problems with tending, they keep it up until they are done.

Offline shandip

• The Undead
  • Nooboo
    • Another Gamers Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 05:28:47 AM »
Maybe.. i'll check it later. O yeah just remember, watering the garden works. No, I don't trust mods...

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 08:31:41 PM »
From what I have read here there are a couple of places where you can get mods that are safe, if that is your worry. 

On the garden, you have to water every day or use sprinklers, I don't think the rain works in the aspect of watering the garden like it does in real life.

When I was building my community garden, I was doing so before Aliens and Seasons came out, but this should still work, in one way.  I build my garden, planted the plants in rows and fenced it in.  Added the sprinklers in where I felt they were best and then took out the gate to keep my sims from playing in the sprinklers.  At night I turned on the sprinklers and in the morning I turned them off, replaced the gate and told them to go to work, one was to weed the other was to harvest.

For an inside garden, as someone else stated, you can build one but have to do it with a secton of a wall out for a bit.  If you have a maid or butler, you have to make sure that there is no flooring that the water can land on if using sprinklers, they keep mopping it up, which means they are stuck there constantly mopping. 
If not watered, the plants will become a brownish color and it will state they are wilting, if from frost where they go dormant, they have the frosted look to them.  In Seasons, they will spend most of their time in dormant stages and it will state they can be harvested but due to the frost, they can not be harvested. 

To keep zombies out, you will need the fencing around the garden.  I don't like to do small gardens at a home, it is too time consuming.  So I built a community garden (used buydebug to get all of the plants), saved it and when I start a game I just place it somewhere in town. 

hope this is of some help

Offline shandip

• The Undead
  • Nooboo
    • Another Gamers Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 12:47:40 AM »
okay thanks for your advice Janna, i'll do it soon

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
I haven't found the tending garden feature to mess up yet since i have installed Seasons, but I did have that problem prior to installation. All i did was keep commanding the sim to tend each individual plant
For me it was the opposite. 'Tend Garden' and 'Harvest' options got messed up in my game after installing Seasons, but only for the sims who had the gardening skill before Seasons. All newly created gardeners didn't have the problem.

Also all the plants that existed before Seasons got stuck in the harvest state (though there were nothing to harvest from them).

So I ended up re-planting the whole garden and giving the skill to a new sim in the household I was playing. That solved the problem.

PS: All of that was in Moonlight Falls, don't know about other towns.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
When I installed Supernatural the problem showed up, (I think it was patch 1.42) if I am remembering correctly.  Any sim who has been "alive" before the patch was unable to harvest, weed or probably plant more than one plant at a time.  The collection page for plants is blank.

If you have a sim born into a family, or create a new family after the patch, then you can garden as normal, tell sims to harvest and they will continue until all of the plants have been harvested or you stop them.

I did do an experiment and took a family who had a good size garden before the patch and after it was unable to harvest or weed more one plant at a time.  Their son, who was born after the glitch, due to the patch, had the page showing all of the plants and was able to harvest more than one plant. 

Moved them to another game but in same town, and the teen lost the ability to harvest more than one plant and his collection page was blank.  Move to another town and still a blank page and unable to harvest more than one plant at a time.

So, you can move from one house to another and anyone who was born or created after the glitch can do the gardening with no problems.  Move them out of the town and they lose that ability, they have the blank page and trouble gardening.

The problem is in all towns, I have SV, RV, MF and AP, and have had this in all of those towns.   

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
One more thing that I've found out just today. If you have a glitched 'pre-patch' sim with gardening skill, make sure they don't harvest any new plants, otherwise these plants become glitched too (stuck in the harvest state).

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »
The moveobjects cheat workaround works pretty well, here is a picture of a "greenhouse" fully built in the house

I recommend having no room above the greenhouse if you plant trees, otherwise they will cause clipping issues by growing through the ceiling - looks wrong.

anything