Author Topic: Is it Safe for a Pregnant Sim to Use the Inventor's Workbench?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline SimAddicted156

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hahaha what even is going on
Is it Safe for a Pregnant Sim to Use the Inventor's Workbench?
« on: December 29, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »
I would like to know, because I have a pregnant vampire who was recently electrocuted(not when she was officially pregnant, though, and she survived because I kept dragging her needs up :P) and I would like to know if the child that she has will be in any way effected by it, such as getting a "bad" trait like Insane or Evil. For those of you with Supernatural(sorry, I don't want to have to make a whole new post in the Supernatural section), I would like to know if Alchemy has any effect on the child, and if a pregnant sim leans Alchemy faster, or if it's just Supernaturals, as my pregnant Vampire is already up to level 5 or 6 in a few sim hours(she did have the "Night Vigor" moodlet, does that effect it at all?).

Thanks,
SimAddicted156
"I'm Switzerland; neutral as can be, and also with great chocolate."
-Hayden
Neal Shusterman, Unwind

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: Is it Safe for a Pregnant Sim to Use the Inventor's Workbench?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »
I can't speak to the inventing question as I'm not sure - my understanding is that pregnant sims who have the pregnant moodlet do have some sort of immunity to accidental death if they're in your control, but I haven't been moved to test it myself. However, if she's still in the early stages where she's nauseous from unknown causes, I wouldn't risk not letting her have access to a shower if she's inventing, or having her try to repair something electrical with a puddle in front of it. It's possible the baby may end up with a random trait or two if her needs bars went into the red as a result of electrocution or whatever, regardless of pregnancy stage.

As to your other question, it's the night vigor moodlet that's boosting the skill level, which is a nice perk for vampires. I've never had a pregnant vampire, but from what I can tell I haven't seen a difference between pregnant and non-pregnant sims as far as how fast skills are learned. I doubt learning alchemy will have any effect on the child.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimAddicted156

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hahaha what even is going on
Re: Is it Safe for a Pregnant Sim to Use the Inventor's Workbench?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »
Thank you! I've been having her be stuck on level 4 or 5 for her inventing skill, and I'm trying to make a simbot.

Thanks!
SimAddicted156
"I'm Switzerland; neutral as can be, and also with great chocolate."
-Hayden
Neal Shusterman, Unwind