Author Topic: Trick or Treating, how?  (Read 113573 times)

Offline Erythrocyte

• Llama Wrangler
Trick or Treating, how?
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:38:26 AM »
Hi!  :)

So, my Sims are celebrating their first Spookyday and my childsim wants to go trick or treating.
I can't find the option anywhere, what am I doing wrong?
Do I have to get her into a costume before the option shows up?

Offline Erythrocyte

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Trick or Treating, how?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:56:29 AM »
Sorry to doublepost, but I found the solution :)

Just click on the Sim, choose to change into costume - then click on a house in the neighborhood and choose "Trick or treat" :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Emms

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
Yeah, first time I saw that trick or treating was coming up, I used the dresser to change my kids outfits but then found out I could just click on them to change into the costume! Poor kids went trick or treating but seemed no one seemed to live in their neighbourhood and they only came back with one piece of candy :(

I also noticed with a different family, on their first spooky day that some teenagers came trick or treating! And my sim just stopped what they were doing and went and gave them candy! So cute!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »
My Sim went to a costume party and automatically changed into a cat costume.  While at the party some kids came trick or treating, but I didn't see anyone go to the door.  Also, when Spooky Day arrived, it said it was the last day for trick or treating.  That leads me to believe that it can be done before Spooky Day.  Has anyone done this?  I've also got a child, so I'll see what I can discover.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline lily87

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 03:12:11 AM »
Hi everyone!

I have also had kids come to my house before Spooky Day and trick-or-treat.  My sims automatically stopped what they were doing and came to give them lollies.  I have had my own kids, but they only went on Spooky Day because I forgot before then. 

However, I have had a notification that said "Starting tomorrow, kids can change into costumes and trick-or-treat", or something along those lines. 

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:58:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure that once the fall festival has officially started, kids can trick or treat.  Spooky Day is the final day to trick or treat.  So for example, if your fall is 7 days long, they can start trick or treating on the second day of fall through Spooky Day.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 10:41:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure that once the fall festival has officially started, kids can trick or treat.  Spooky Day is the final day to trick or treat.  So for example, if your fall is 7 days long, they can start trick or treating on the second day of fall through Spooky Day.

My season is 28 days long and on the last Thursday of the season I got a notice saying Spookey Day is just a few days away and starting tomorrow kids and teens will be able to visit their neighbors and trick-or-treat.

Which meant Friday was the first day for Trick-or-treating.

The next day (Saturday) was Spookey Day and the final day for trick-or-treating and three days left until Winter which means in total, out of a whole 28 day season there are two days for trick-or-treating.

P.S.

I just discovered that the NRaas Home Opener mod interferes with trick-or-treating. The trick-or-treat option wouldn't show up until I clicked on the house and did NRass/Master Controller/Close.

Then the option showed up on the door. I selected it but me Sim never went up to the door and never got any candy and I haven't been able to get the option to trick or treat to show up on any other houses even after closing them in Master Controller. The trip wasn't a total lose though as my alien teen did find several space rocks lying on peoples lawns and they are a bit like candy for aliens since they can eat them to recover brain power.

But I can't help feeling a bit like Charlie Brown. "I got a rock." ;)
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 09:14:22 AM »
I had a teenage Sim come to my Sims house trick-or-treating one of the first days of Spring!  :-\

I'm not sure how that happened!

But he got candy and went on his way.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 03:05:47 PM »
I had a teenage Sim come to my Sims house trick-or-treating one of the first days of Spring!  :-\

I'm not sure how that happened!

But he got candy and went on his way.

I've had this happen too! It's very strange, but just one of those glitches in Sims that we get used to until a fix happens.

I have had trouble getting my child/teen sims to have any success trick or treating, they visit a couple of houses and turn up with nothing.  I've yet to get any reward at all from it! So frustrating, especially when you know that the sim is home but not answering the door.  Not like they are doing anything except standing around doing nothing!

Offline robbo316

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
My season is 28 days long

Wow, those are long seasons!! I'm actually sad enough to have worked the season lengths out, and the average 3 month season actually lasts anywhere from 6 - 7 days. So your seasons are a year in length. A year of snow? Reminds me of living in Norway!!

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
Trick or Treat
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
Hi

Just wondering how I make my sims trick of treat?

Many thanks :)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Re: Trick or Treat
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »
There's a thread all about it here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Trick or Treat
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
I'll merge the two topics.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."