Author Topic: Weird laughter after Sim gives birth?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline dionaethius

• Nooboo
Weird laughter after Sim gives birth?
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »
Hi.

Not sure if this is just a halloween thing, but it started after my Sim gave birth and there are random deep spurts of laughter or high-pitched cackly laughter from a female which sounds nothing like a sim...

I'm concerned for my baby sim; is this a sign or something I should be aware of?

Thanks, sincerely a fellow Simmer.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Weird laughter after Sim gives birth?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »
Is there an evil sim nearby ?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dionaethius

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:59:55 PM »
Not that I'm aware of, none of the parent sims have any negative traits except jealousy.
Also I literally /just/ heard a cat "screaming" and I'm a little bit concerned more.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 04:58:40 PM »
I don't think it's a "Halloween" thing. As EA/Maxis isn't doing anymore updates/events for Sims 3.

So I'm going to take a guess that there's some kind of witch/evil sim around, like Candy mentioned. As far as the screaming cat, that might just be a scared cat.

If you're concerned about this, you might consider either reset town or going back to a previous save, even to just test it out to see what happens.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Go Back to a Previous Save
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg433992#msg433992
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline KCNDreams

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, so, finally decided to register.

If you have a lot near the festival grounds, you can hear the 'spooky' soundtrack that plays during the fall festival from the haunted house. I often heard it in Twinbrook from the consignment store. Since you mentioned a specific Halloween event, that may be what's going on. I don't think it has anything to do with the baby.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 07:51:44 AM »
A few questions:

1) What world is this in?
2) What season was the birth in?

If the above two are Sunset Valley and Fall, then if the birth happened in the hospital, the fall festival gives that laughter off in its' music for the house as KCN mentioned.

Also:
3) To what level are nearby Sim's traits?
4) What traits did the cat have?

If Evil or Good Sense of Humor were part of the answer to 3, those typically cause a lot of laughter.
If the answer to 4 had either Skittish or Aggressive, that means you were either in the Full Moon or the cat's scream was akin to an attack on a random nearby Sim.

anything